Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Will You Smoke For?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nugagerube, May 27, 2013.

1. I'm about to graduate High School and work full time, so I've been thinking about not being a stoner anymore, at the very least. I think I'll just smoke a bowl every night before bed and smoke on certain occasions in the day,

2. Shouldn't be a stoner in high school. Should be a stoner after high school

3. I dont plan on having kids so unless something comes up preventing me from smoking then i prolly wont stop, just slow down around 30s or so.

Also being a stoner in high school is bad but smoking weed isnt necessarily bad. I smoked weed in high school and pulled off 85% averages compared to people who didnt smoke and got shittier marks in easier classes than told me that i was a "dumb druggy". Just make sure weed comes after school in your necessities

4. Thank you, just apart of the human experience I guess. Everyone has their dues in life to pay, as Arrowsmith would say.

People for the most part aren't content and happy most of the time.

Always chasing the next thing. But it never fills the void. Like a thirst that can't be qwinched.

5. Why? After school I'm trying to get a good job, find a good place to live, find hobbies, move in with my girlfriend, etc. I'll be needing lots of money and that requires saving money. I don't really need weed after high school like I do now. 

All I do now is work part-time and go to school. Teenage life is easy, so I'd rather be a stoner now then later in life. 

6. Well, your brain is still developing, for one... But whatever, too late. Damage already done.

7. Smoking weed as a teenager can be detrimental. 

8. Until the day i die

9. This is where most drug addictions start.

I bet money you smoked weed before age 20.

10. Yes I first smoked when I was seventeen. But i didn't start smoking heavily until I was 20.

If you smoke like a hundred times as a teen I'm sure you'll be fine. But if you use heavily, such as being a stoner, you run the risk of something happening that you dont want.

11. Smokin is apart of our culture. No need to stop something that makes u feel and act better. Hungry happy sleepy. the world would be a better place if these were all the side effects we delt with.

12. Depends on my career and my family situation later on in life.

As a college student now, I don't plan to stop unless it interferes with school. After college, I'll probably stop until I have a stable job, and pick it up as needed. I'm not picking a career to be able to smoke, but the careers I have in mind just happen to be pretty laid-back and probably would allow me to once I got on board.

As for family, I would probably stop around the time I had kids (If I decide to have any). Then pick it up again once they're 18 or move out, and continue 'til I'm 6 feet under B)

13. I won't stop when I have kids. My fiancee (non-smoker) and I have already agreed that as long as I keep it discreet until the kids are old enough to know that I can continue smoking. This is especially important because I use weed to control my anxiety, and I strongly believe that weed has a very positive impact on my life. I'll probably tell the kids when they turn 16, although they may have figured it out by then anyway. I had friends in public school whose parents smoked weed all the time and we all knew it. I consider weed a part of who I am now, and if I had to give it up for any reason, I would feel like I was being fake. I couldn't even pretend to be anything but a stoner at heart.

14. I may cut down on how much I smoke but I don't think imma completely stop.

15. I'll cut down when life forces me to become serious about it, but I'll never completely quit.

16. I don't plan on stopping although I do take breaks now and then. My longest break was probably upwards of a year but I would only stop if there was a reason such as a job for example.

17. Till the day i die and even then i want someone to blow some smoke in my coffin before they close that shit and bury me

18. I agree with you, nuragerube. I think ill stop when I have kids then restart again 20-25 years later.

19. Been almost 32years....
    Only time i quit.....is when i run out and have to wait for more.....
    All that developing brain shit.... whatever...
    Started with the baby sitter at 8.....
    Still score off the charts on cognitive evaluations....
    Don't believe everything you hear....