Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long will tolerance be low after 3 week break?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VerbalHorse, Jul 14, 2012.

1. #1 VerbalHorse, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    Ok so due to a family vacation i have not smoked for 3 weeks. Before this i was a daily smoker (often multiple times a day) for 6-8 months and have been smoking for about a year altogether. Obviously i will have a crazy low tolerence now, but im wondering how long it will take to be at the same level as before i stopped smoking. Im not a big guy and havent been smoking long so i only need .3 to get high and .5 will get me blasted. So how much will i need to get high now? And how long will i stay at that level. I know it differs from person to person but based on what ive written if anyone has experience with a similair situation i would appreciate any input.

Tl;dr-after a 3 week t-break, if before the break .3 got me nice and high how much will i need to get high and more importantly, how long will this lower tolerance last.

Inb4 smoke and find out i will, im more interested in how long the tolerance will last.

2. My tolerance is usually low for the first bowl, then it's back to normal. :|

3. Depends on method. Huge bong loads? Vaping? If you start out with vaping, very little can get you very high, and you could preserve your low tolerance longer. But if you pick up where you left off, then it will shoot up a lot faster.

4. Shit this is what i was hoping wasnt the case. How long have your t-breaks been?

5. 2, 3 and 4 weeks. Gave up on them. :smoke:

6. For me T-breaks are stupid and pointless. I've been smoking close to 2 years now, multiple times a day. I tried going on a t break because often when I get high it doesn't make me that high, just kinda light headed and then I get a headache. It has to be a fuck ton of weed or really good shit. I haven't been baked off my ass in a long time. Really sucks. So I tried doing a week t break, and the first time getting stoned after was pretty good. I could definitely feel the difference but 1-2 days later my tolerance was at the exact same as before. Not worth a shitty week with no bud for 2 decent days.

7. If I'm smoking or not, I don't really pay attention to whether or not I'm smoking.

8. That sounds terrible :mad:

I heard that vaping will increase your tolerance faster. It sure seemed that way for me. A couple of bong rips still get me baked but i need to vape more and more to get to the nice high i want.

I am actually on a current t break. Planning 2 weeks or so and its been pretty shitty so far. I am hoping this isnt the case for me. My tolerance is crazy high and hoping i can change that with a t break.

I have been smoking for 4-5 years now and i have taken only 3 t breaks during that span.

9. Well I was on t-break not to long ago. I didn't smoke for almost 2 weeks, and I was pretty baked for 4 days. Then my tolerance went back up again.

10. @Moonman let me know how your t-break goes, that sounds interesting and I'm concerned because I'll be at your stage in a couple years.

11. You will get high off one good hit if you hold it. Dont take more than 3 hits. Limit yourself every time you smoke. Start out with one hit and thats all you need. If i were you i would wait a few more weeks.

12. You just don't have the patience for it. T-Breaks are 100% worth it without a doubt. I smoked everyday, often multiple times a day until I got the point of smoking 5+ bowls a day and getting the same high you did, just feeling a little weird and getting headaches. I almost quit because I figured I didnt like it that much. But after 3 weeks, I came back to it and the first time I sparked it up it was like my first time all over again. I got all euphoric and things tripped me out and I just fell in love with it all over again. If you want to expierence cannabis the way its meant to be, T-Breaks are a MUST.

13. This pretty much... Also if you can take t-breaks often without a problem this shows that your have control over the drug.. not the drug controlling you vice versa.

14. Okay, well I thought about that possibility. A couple months back in around January, my parents told me they were drug testing me soon. They procrastinated and I ended up going without smoking anything weed related for 50 days. After my 2 friends and I smoked 3 grams to ourselves when i finished the drug test and it was pretty amazing like you said. Getting high was sweet for the next 2 weeks then my tolerance was back to normal.