Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long will THC stay in the system?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by notquitebacon, May 28, 2008.

1. i'm sure this is posted in several places on this forum, but it's kind of hard to riffle through everything, so sorry about that.

i was just wondering how long it will stay in your system. i will probably be getting a drug test- just standard urine test in about 3 months, so if it dont smoke until then, is it possible it will still show? i know it varies with sex (female) and body fat, but on average, how long does it stay.

thanks.

2. roughly 21-28 days naturally :( green tea helpsssss alot and is pain free, certain types of medicine could get rid of it within 5, or u could wear a rubber willy haha but those are mad expensive lmao

3. 3 months? dudee.. just smoke for another month and a half then stop and you'll be perfectly fine.

4. Ok, it doesn't REALLY stay in your system for that long, unless you are overweight, a very heavy smoker, and/or don't exercise at all. People who smoke daily have passed piss tests only 5-7 days prior.

If anyone wants to argue this, I'll find you a dozen links. The whole "stays in for a month" thing was a HUGE overestimate, tested on people who's water intake was limited, lacked daily exercise, and ate fatty foods like chips and snacks. Unless you're like this, expect a clean stream within two weeks.

5. I second this statement.

when I had to go on probation when I was 16 it took me 13 days to get clean, and I was blowing 6-7 bowls a day. But, I was a weights class so I was working out 5 of the 7 days of the week.

6. What a couple other posters mentioned is very true. That being overweight, inactive, drinking less water etc will all contribute to testing positive for a longer period of time. But that isn't the only thing to consider. Another thing to also consider is the amount your smoke and also the potency of that smoke.

True THC does attach to fats, as well all should know from cooking(cannabutter etc) this applies to THC in our bodies which can actually be stored in your own fat. In fact losing weight prior to drug test is never a good idea as you are burning off fat and putting possible extra stored THC into your blood stream. Now this does not mean THC stays permanently attached to your own fat, just that you will hold onto THC longer than someone with a lower percentage of body fat.

The old adage of 30 days is not to be taken lightly. I myself have test positive for marijuana up to 40 days. I am not overweight, work out 4 to 5 days a week, playing raquertball, lifting weights etc. Now take into consideration I only smoke the best grade smoke I can find. I was smoking daily for years before I was on probatioin for a minor possession charge and was tested a couple times a week till i was negative. I smoked roughly about 3/4 of an oz a week personally besides what i smoked with anyone else.

Whenever you are being tested it is always better to lean on the safer side and give yourself extra time to get clean. Losing a job opportunity or violating a probation is never fun and never worth the risk.
    In general I would always quite 45 days prior to any testing, and also lay off any exercising for losing weight prior to your test. Nothing above any normal activity for you. If you already work out just stay where you're at with your activity.
    For most people and the average smoker you will most likely be clean well before 30 days, but do you want to risk it?

Towards the end of my probation I did start smoking and know of ways without buying anything to get clean for a test within an hour and did so several times till i was off probation. My suggestion though is avoid the stress and abstain from smoking up to 45 days before ea test. If you want you can also get home test kits and test yourself for your own piece of mind before your actual test comes up.

7. Well, I take a "Vitamin B" based diet supplement daily. It has increased my metabolism a lot and now weed leaves my system within 4 days, consistently. Everyone's body is different, but it has helped me on numerous occasions.

8. Sorry to bring back a thread from the dead, but yes I would like to see some of these links.