How long will it take to get into Bupe or Methadone maintenance?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Codone, Jan 22, 2009.

1. #1 Codone, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    I am going to call around tomorrow for both Bupe and Methadone treatment programs. I live in Illinois btw.

I was wondering HOW LONG it would take for me to get either Bupe or Methadone from the day I called.

For Bupe, I am guessing I have to make an appointment. How long does it usually take to get an appointment. Does the doctor prescribe Bupe from the first day you visit him if you have the right criteria?

For Methadone, is there really the fabled numerous month wait to get it?

**Swisher: I remember you posting what you paid for Bupe. Mind reposting that info for me? aka initial price for doctor's visit and price per pill after that. Thanks man.

Edit: What kind of fucking mod edits my post ??

2. #2 s w i s h e r, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
    dude straight up, if you're tryin to kick something DONT go on methadone man...it does nothing but cause more problems than before, I dont know about you but I dont like the idea of being handfed my medicine every morning by a doctor that doesn't give a fuck about me along side of 20+ other shady people. try to get bupe, at least you'll have a prescription and tweak your dosage so you can kick faster. you don't get a bunch of methadone pills from MMT...you have to go in every day and DRINK the methadone, yeah most MMT use the liquid methadose shit. and you might have to piss for them so they know you're not using anything else while you're on MMT. my doctor gave me my prescription that day, and i just had to go to the specific suboxone-licensed pharmacy to get my medication

edit: oh i just read the edit. i pay ~$100 for the doctor appointment(every time your scrip expires, it's another $100 to see the doctor...), $50 to initially get on the treatment, and $5.50 per pill at the pharmacy. also, the first time I went they spotted me $50 because I only had $100 so that i could buy myself some pills. but like i said, that's the cheapest doctor I found in my city...there were places expecting $400 up front and shit like that...its hard to find someone that really cares. good luck man, you can do it.

3. and please for the sake of your sanity don't use the bupe for maintenance. i've been on bupe for almost 5 years now, and i'm so fucking addicted that in order to detox from the bupe i'm looking at better then a month being sick. more like two months. use the bupe to wean yourself off, nothing more. if you keep taking it every day (or methadone) for years, your brain will completley stop producing endorphins on it's own, and it take months for it to start producing them again once you stop taking it. hence the months long sickness. whereas the heroin detox is mostly over in a week. i'm not sure what the difference is, because before i was on bupe i was using dope every day for years....and i could still be over the sickness in a matter of days. now, it's weeks if not months. i'm fucked, and likely will be on this shit for life.

4. bump for Codone

5. I think a lot of the bupe/methadone debate is how your body handles it so it's going to be more subjective.

As far as MMT most do make you drink liquid methadone. A friend of a friend recently went into MMT and he got in quickly, I heard about a week, maybe even a little less; but he has to go down to the clinic everyday and drink 60mg of liquid methadone. For the first week he was too fucked up to do anything. So a definite negative is you can't tweak your dose at all.

6. #6 Codone, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    Okay, I called around today. I decided Im going to go with Bupe. The cheap treatment centers all have a month or longer waiting list.

I did find one that is $225 for the first visit, and then $150 after that (which is fucking expensive but doesnt compare to the amount that I spend on opiates every week). They can get me in as soon as this coming Monday and will have my prescription the same day.

So I guess my opiate renegade is over. I feel extremely relieved that I'm not going to have to go through the ups and downs of opiate addiction any longer.

And Swisher thanks for the info and support man.

7. yo make sure you are at least 2 days into withdrawal when you go see the doctor......or the suboxone will cause precipitated withdrawal symptoms if you're high or have opiates in your system...so yeah...

8. ^^actually my very first day on bupe, back in late 2003 i went in the morning after doing about 160mgs of oxycontin. the last oxy i shot was around 5pm, and the very next morning i went in. i didn't get sick at all, so i think most of that is crap. i'm sure that if you've got a shit-ton of long acting opiates in your system (like methadone) then yes it will cause withdrawal...but i was fine.