Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long will it take for THC to come out?(drug test)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Prime B52, Aug 24, 2013.

1. #1 Prime B52, Aug 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
    So I haven't smoked in probably a few good months(3 months). I get drug tested randomly by my parents and was wondering if I smoke out of a bong a good .6-.8 of weed. How long will it take for the thc to come out of my system?

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 142
    Body fat: 12-14?
    Metabolism is fast also.

I workout 5 times a day(mon-fri) two times.and run 1/5 of a mile Monday-Friday everyday. 

2. my friend who weighs like 250 smoked a blunt with me and he had a pee test in 5 days for football but he worked out all the time and just drunk supplements for protein and water and passed it, so if you work out alot and drink alot of water it will be out quick because of how much you weigh

3. Are you sure he's not lying? I mean I find that hard to believe honestly.

I dont really believe it either, but for someone who drinks a lot of water and likely has football practice daily in the hot sun where he will sweat a ton, I could see it being possible.

5. Maybe a smaller blunt too?

6. If your a kid which by your size i assume you are, then it really will be a short time especially if u work out,  kids metabolism r fast as fuck.  Back in high school my friend who smoked a lot (for a highschooler, but still like like a nic every about everyday) got accused of being high in school, he wasnt though but he smoked 2 days before so when he got drug tested everyone thought he was fucked, somehow his piss was clean though lol, and he doesnt work out as much as u.  Also if ur parents do it and use a home test a lot of times it doesnt tell if your piss is mad deluded so u can just drink a fuck load of water and pee pretty much straight water.  This said dont take your tests lightly i would give myself like 2 weeks at least, life is much better with ur parents trust and respect and I'm sure once ur old enough they'll accept ur decision to toke as long as they trust u to be responsible.

7. Was he a 250 high school linemen, or like a 250 college player who has 5% body fat and runs 3 miles every day before practice. 

8. Pretty sure they don't look for thc on a football related drug test..

Honestly probably two weeks if you do it in one session.

9. One time use can very well be 3-4 days.

10. What do drinking water and sweating have to do with ridding the body of THC metabolites?

I'd disagree, everyone thinks it's 1 month for normal use and what not. It took me 16 days after daily use of 1gram or more.

Anyhow, it could be 3-4 days but even still you got to realize that you could still get busted even with a window that small......

THC = toxin

Sweating releases toxins from the body

13. #13 kcuhpsahgih, Aug 24, 2013

You're wrong.  THC is stored in your fat cells.  You get rid of it by burning fat, pooping, and peeing.

Please take a read at this article and tell me how exactly i'm wrong

http://www.clinchem.org/content/50/11/1961.long

15. no time at all dude, like a week at the most

16. Read this quote from the article:

11-nor-9-carboxy-Δ<sup>9</sup>-tetrahydrocannabinol, the principal acidic urinary metabolite, has been never detected in sweat (17)

17. #17 j420j420, Aug 24, 2013
    Waters down ur piss, so less theres a smaller concentration of cannabinoids in it.  Also drinking a lot of water helps ur body function properly, so ull burn more fat from exercize, help ur metabolism, and helps keep your organs healthy and functioning well ie:whichever ones release toxins like cannabinoids from ur body.  So i guess indirectly it helps?. I could be wrong though not a doctor.

Well that line directly contradicts this portion of the article that I grabbed, so i dont know what to say

19. I would also think that anything that increases one's metabolism would have an effect on THC metabolite detoxification.  How significant, I do now know.

20. #20 kcuhpsahgih, Aug 24, 2013
    I believe THC - not THC metabolites, which are tested for in urin/blood - can be detected in the sweat.  That's how I interpreted the article. A lot of it went above my head (I'm just a dog, you know).

It is my understanding that THC only stays active for a few hours before the body turns it into a metabolite.  That's why testing drivers for THC metabolites is bull shit.  You can get a DWI for having metabolites in your system, even though it could have been weeks since you last smoked.