How long will it last?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by eikabpwnsyou, Sep 17, 2008.

1. I am an old time OG'er. I lived off that situation, R.I.P. Og. I am back around the GC now, and I have taken it on as my new home. Currently, I am in a situation where I am not able to smoke, but I have always enjoyed the hobby of cultivation. I am not a big risk taker, so this won't be sold as commercial product. I am wondering, after a good dry/cure. How long will the sweat leaf maintain it's smell, potency, etc. Contained in a jar? Should I put it in the deep freeze? I have never ran into the problem of needing to store it for a long long period of time, so any points to the right thread or information on this situation would be really helpful.

2. After it is dry and cured you can store it in a vaccume sealed bag for a few years. Just keep it somewhere dry and dark.

3. Well, I wouldn't think that freezer bags would be a good idea? Wouldn't that crush your nug... I was thinking more in just a mason jar. How long could I assume that potency, freshness, etc. would be maintained by the nug if kept in that manner

4. you can keep thats shit for years man.

5. True that... I just wasn't for sure, I wouldn't want to let some good nugs go to waste, because I stored em.... I would just rid to my friends if it was no go to keep em and maintain potency.

6. I've heard 24-36 months (longer if frozen), so yeah... years. Just make absolutely sure that it is completely dry before freezing.