How long untill sprout?!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Unknown3004, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Hello,

I started germinating last Monday (feb 5th), by Wednesday a small tap root came so I put it into soil so i wouldn't risk damaging the tap root by leting it get any bigger in the paper towel. Now it is 10 days later and nothing has come up. :confused:

I burried it about 1.5cm deap with loose soil covering it.

A few days ago I parted away some soil and the taproot had goten a little bigger. It was still white and looked healthy and covered it back up...

Its under 3 20w cfls 24h light.

Is it dead?!?!

2. How many dead things look healthy too you???..lol..If it looks healthy i would take a guess at being alive...So which way up did you plant the seed??

3. it's dead bro

4. I dont know why people mess with the paper towel crap... I always start my seeds directly in soil and always have good germination rates.

5. yah i have the same question as you, although i started germinating yesterday morning and by today, the tap root was a pretty good size. So i just planted the most progressed seed. although would it need light until it is sprouted? Since it is under dirt, light shouldnt be a factor.
    am i right or wrong?

6. dont need light, just 70ish degrees and dark, higher humidity doesnt hurt (party cup with plastic wrap on top)

my seeds sprouted in 3 days from germ - small up shoot

7. i planted it taproot facing down, thats right?

:(

Maybe its a temperature problem? Ill see if I can buy a thermometer to measure.

But my question is that wouldnt the taproot go like all brown if it was 100% dead?? (wishfull thinking)

8. i dont really use the paper towls either, just pop it staight into the soil, plastic wrap and keep checking it, should be fine at room temp, mine alway are.

9. if you put a heat mat under the pot you will help the soil tempreture go up and will help the process of growing.. thats what i experienced anyway

10. If you do use paper towel method, put it in a warm, dark place. I did that and my seeds germinated within 2 days :)