Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long until I'm clean?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sinkjesussink, Jul 2, 2010.

1. I've been smoking everyday for the past 3 months, 2-5 times a day. I just found out I will have to submit a urine and blood sample to the insurance company for a life insurance policy, which is USAA. I'm not even positive that they will drug test, but better safe than sorry and this will give me a great t-break before a go back to school. My question is how far out should I schedule the sample? I can probably postpone it a month at most.

2. Personally I'd go for the whole month. There's no way that you would test positive and it would be a killer t break. When you smoke after that month it'll be like the first time.

3. This.

Definitely go with a month....that'll help clear you reallllllly good and like this guy said...you'll be higher than ever when you light up again.

4. Most people on here say a month is safe, but I've also heard it can be up to 45 days. Any truth to this?

5. 1 month with barely trying
    3 weeks trying a bit harder
    2 weeks going all out

6. bout 3-fiddy

7. ROFL. I'm lookin' for the Loch Ness Monster.

8. A month to be on the safe side. Exercise and drink a lot of water.

9. Thanks for the advice, I've already started the water regimen, and I'm heading to the store tonight to get vitamin B-2 and B-12, which counteract the deficiencies that appear in urine due to heavy water drinking. Makes it look yellow basically. I'm going to try and schedule it as far out as possible, but if not I guess I'll just keep up this regimen.

10. I hope you know getting clean and passing a drug test are different.

11. ???...i know what you mean but the way you said it makes no sense....if your really clean you can't fail a drug test...if you do then obviously your not clean....

12. I would wait a month BUT i have a friend (hes quite skinny) who smoked a blunt on a wednesday and passed a drug test the next tuesday... It really depends on the person.

13. I'm actually pretty skinny myself, 6'1" 135lbs. Anyways, so I went around to some stores that sell detox drinks and came home with this stuff called "The Extra Stuff" They lady at the natural foods store told me it was what made her pass her drug test to work there (It's a new store). So I took her word for it and went for it, this adds a new dimension to my situation.

In summary, I will be required to take a drug test within the next month, I am not going to smoke until after the test, but I'm going to postpone it for as long as I can so I can be as clean as I can, and I'll still take the detox the day of the test as per the instructions.

Has anyone ever used this "The Extra Stuff" before?

14. be careful of the detox stuff i hear it just "masks" trace toxins and they can tell if its masked depending on how thoroughly they test. What i mean is kind of like it would make it suspicious having such low levels of other stuff the detox covers out. HTH and good luck

15. Definitely this, I've beat a test with 2 weeks of excess drinking and pissing cranberry juice.

16. So would it be in my best interest to continue drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice? Even though I have the detox (questionable) and may not be tested for a few weeks?

17. Better safe than sorry. And try to sweat a lot too. Jog, pushups, get buff ya know. lol

18. no one knows how long till you are clean, it can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months, everyone is difference, also it depends on how much you've smoked in the past and everyone's body works differently

19. Hey. im not trying to hijack anyones post but i cant figure out how to post my own. anyway I am getting home drug tested next saturday. I have been smoking pretty much everyday for the last couple months and i am a little overweight so detoxing isnt really a safe option right now. i got one of my friends that clean to piss for me in a travel size shampoo bottle a couple of days ago because i thought i was being tested. but im not being tested til saturday so by then the sample will be about 10 days old and it hasnt been refridgerated. will the sample still be good? i mean its a home test so i wouldnt think it would matter how old the sample is. any advice on this or a better way to beat the test?