How long until harvest?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Supaflytnt, Dec 5, 2011.

1. #1 Supaflytnt, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2011
    Does this look good to harvest? It's 2 months today, and it's looking good. I'm just worried about flowering too long and hurting the overall quality. Just wondering if anyone more experienced than myself could tell me if this is close?

[​IMG]

2. This doesn't look very close. I'm on my first grow and that's what my buds looked like after 25 days. Chocolope strain.

What strain are you growing?

3. I'm no expert but I think what you need to do is get a scope and examine the trichomes for color and see if it's falling over or not. I believe amber is when it is most potent. Again no expert here this is what I believe is true after reading various guides.

4. Its time to harvest when there are no more white pistils being developed.
    The pistils will turn orange almost a reddish color when its nearly time to harvest.

Id say you still have 2-3 weeks maybe more.

Patience is key to us noobs.

5. If you cut now, you will effect the overall quality.

6. Make that 4-5 weeks.

7. Also the pistils will have curled back into the bud when its done.

8. I'd say at least 4 more weeks.

Buds are made up of calyxes, the thing that the hairs come out of. Actually every calyx should have 2 hairs. When the plant ripens, the hairs turn orange and start to recede into the calyx making it swell....this is where all the weight comes from.

I'd feed until you start to see a decent amount of hairs turn orange...then start flushing for 2 more weeks.

9. Thanks for all the advice, blades! Bongsauce you seem to always be answering my questions I should just start asking you instead of makinf threads lol

10. [quote name='"bluvapor"']This doesn't look very close. I'm on my first grow and that's what my buds looked like after 25 days. Chocolope strain.

What strain are you growing?[/quote]

Its just a bag seed that I had, not exactly sure what strain. My first time as well. Let me know if you have a journal I can sub!