Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long to wait after cleaning pipe with iso alcohol?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cpt. Chronic, Feb 15, 2012.

1. So I cleaned my pipe out its brand sparkling new. Cleaned it by letting it soak overnight in isopropyl alcohol. I made sure to soak it well for a couple minutes in warm water afterwards. Now it's drying out, just wondering how long one should wait until its good to smoke. It's been like an hour now and im jonesin to smoke :p

2. Run some pipe cleaners or paper towel through it. It should dry it out.

3. would blow drying be safe for a cheap glass pipe? it's not super high quality or anything, glass is kinda thin. no pipe cleaners :\

4. It's alcohol you washed it with. It has evaporated. Pack a bowl and proceed to give 0 fucks

5. [quote name='"GodGaveUsWeed"']It's alcohol you washed it with. It has evaporated. Pack a bowl and proceed to give 0 fucks[/quote]

this. that shits long gone. just wash it out with water one more time if you're that worried about it.

6. ya thats what i did. now i'm satisfied :smoke:

ive seen people rinse their pieces after cleaning and smoke out of them five minutes later. im sure its not even that big of a deal as long as you let it dry

7. just rinse it throughout with hot water, and i usually also let it sit with hot water while i clean everything up. its good to go after that. alcohol evaporates very fast compared to water so there's not really much to worry about.

8. I usually make sure everything is out by rinsing it an extra few minutes with steaming hot water. Then just let it air dry or dry it yourself :D

9. If you rinse out the iso after with water then all you have to do is let it dry and your solid.

I always used hit water and a paper clip to clean my pipes, it was mire work but was effective. Also you can soak it in simple green over night and that will literally make your piece brand new clean