How long to flush ?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by striker1, Mar 7, 2012.

1. I am starting week 4 of flower and I have slight nute burn so last night I changed the soup to almost pure water, How long should I leave her in the water before I put her back in the soup? TIA for input

2. same day

3. [quote name='"striker1"']I am starting week 4 of flower and I have slight nute burn so last night I changed the soup to almost pure water, How long should I leave her in the water before I put her back in the soup? TIA for input[/quote]

I would just dilute her down to about 600-800 ppm's depending what she was on before the burn. With her being in flowering, I wouldn't completely flush yet.

4. I wouldn't even "flush", I would just just renew the solution. Agree with above post.

5. Thanks for the input I did the flush last night so she was in the 250ppm water for about 24 hours, so far she looks good, I am putting her back in 900ppm soup, I will post the affects.

6. [quote name='"striker1"']Thanks for the input I did the flush last night so she was in the 250ppm water for about 24 hours, so far she looks good, I am putting her back in 900ppm soup, I will post the affects.[/quote]

By back in....you mean that was what she was at when she got burned?

7. No she was at 1100ppm when she got burned.

8. never go more than 4 weeks without a flush (veg or flower) most growers say every 2 weeks some every week

9. [quote name='"bongboi"']never go more than 4 weeks without a flush (veg or flower) most growers say every 2 weeks some every week[/quote]

Do you even grow?

10. I change my soup every 10 days or so, I flushed between veg & flower and just once night before last, I have never heard of flushing every week. It sounds very expensive! Dutch masters gold calls for a flush between veg & flower and a biweekly soup change. She is budding nicely so I think I'm on the right track. She is starting to smell a little bit, but it smells more like lemon than cannabis.LMAO

11. I'm thinking she is looking good for 26 days into flower. Any input? Always appreciated. TIA

Attached Files:

12. I think she looks great! You've got a green thumb!

13. Thanks, I hope I get a decent yield.

14. u flush with 3x the amount of water
    for soil in a 1 gal pot u pour 3 gal and let it drain
    for hydro fill and drain three times and ur water should be clear
    flushing is used to remove excess fert salts so they dont build to a toxic level

15. [quote name='"bongboi"']u flush with 3x the amount of water
    for soil in a 1 gal pot u pour 3 gal and let it drain
    for hydro fill and drain three times and ur water should be clear
    flushing is used to remove excess fert salts so they dont build to a toxic level[/quote]

What are you even talking about? Please explain.

16. There's a lot of debate whether flushing helps or hurts your plants (starving them of nutes, ect.), and when exactly to do it. Flushing every week like bongboi mentioned is a method with probably the most flushing I've heard of. I haven't tried flushing a lot, so I can't knock it, but I don't think I would do that as I only have 1 to 2 plants going at a time for personal dubage, so I don't "test" things often (use what works).

Last time I did soil I flushed twice (2 plants, 5 gal pots, 10gal h2o each) around 2 weeks and then 5 days before chop and they were delicious.

This time with dwc I think I'll run pure h2o (ph'd to 5.8 with a couple tsps of molasses per gal) for 24 hours before chop, but no more than that.

17. I use a flood table.

I change the res evey week. During mid to late flower, my 3' X 3' tray will consume between 15-18 gallons of solution, per week.

I flush every 2 weeks. For the flush I circulate the flush solution, Clearex with my Botanicare, but I have used other brands, for 30-45 min then let the tray drain. Then I mix a fresh nute res and Im off.

I do this to remove salt build up on the roots which can inhibit nute uptake.

I also do a pre-harvest flush. Here is where I have heard "real" debate. 5 days before chop I change the res to a flush solution. I change it 1 or 2 more times before chop, with a goal of having a steady ppm of less than 200 for the last 3 days.

But these are just the things I do:eek:.

To answer your question in your OP: if you are doing a flush to cleanse your medium, 3 times the volume should do it.:D

18. Thanks for all the advise.

19. Just a few recent pics.

Attached Files:

20. Oops I posted the dog also.lol