how long till harvest? Day 113 from seed

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pure1, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Running a 600w mh after my HPS bulb burned out in fox farms happy frog potting soil, 3 gallon pots.

The one I topped will take longer of course, but about how longer for the taller one?

These are both bagseed by the way, and one the one i topped there are purple leaves, not sure if a problem or not.

I'm thinking maybe 2-3 weeks till chop on the taller one? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. I would love some replies <3

:smoking:

3. Hello, well it's kind hard to tell which one is which. But based on those pictures that you have posted up. I can tell that it's one of them should or needs to get a little more color on the pistols. At least 75 to 80% of the pistols should be lightly colored not brown. Brown means that they are dying out (correct me if I'm wrong). A pure sativa strain usually take about 120 days to flower, now if you are using a metal halide and you are on track then you should wait about another week or week and a half. There is always a two-week window when it is ripe. That window means that if you cut a week earlier than you have more of a Head high, and if you cut a week after then you should give more of a stony buzz high. Or cut in between for mixed high. That is my understanding. Also you should get a magnifying glass and take a closer look at the trichomes. If the trichomes are clear Then they still need to build up more THC, if they try trichomes are Amber than you'll get more of a head rush high, and it to trichomes are milky white and that is more of a stoney high

4. how long did you veg for?

5. Are you asking me, or pure1?

6. Im thinking you've probably got at least a month...they don't look anywhere near half way done. Have you checked the trichs?

7. I didn't mark the date I flowered.. but they were only about 5" when I flowered, they are now over 20"

Borrowed a friend's 5x jewelers scope, not the best, but watchya think? Doesn't look like as much trich's yet as it should..

Attached Files:

8. #9 pure1, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    From my pictures, when I put the HPS bulb in, i flowered 6/28

and thanks :) so when you say my calyxes aren't swollen yet? you mean my buds will get fatter? :D

Thanks man

edit: oh and is there a reason why i'm so long in flowering and my buds are so small? i mean its been over 2 months and theres still white hairs and haven't swollen up. would incorrect ph slow down growth?

9. If its more sativa it could take up to 12-13 weeks.

And yes the last 2 weeks or so of flower your buds will swell.Those things your hairs come out of in pairs are calyxes.Those are were seeds form if pollenated.These will swell out,and get bigger equalling fatter buds.

I agree with a 600w,and 2 months of flower the buds should be bigger.No way for me to tell at this time the plant is at the end of flower,and supposed to look like it's dying.

10. You don't think my plants look to unhealthy do you though? I should get some decent product?

11. Weight wise, you might not get that much. Maybe an ounce and a half or two. But they look healthy enough to produce some quality product. Did you vegg with the hps before it gave up on you and switched over to mh? I think MH gives off too much heat for what you get. You have to make sure you have proper ventilation and cooling, either wise heat will stunt and shock to tree.I get great results when vegging with T5's and flowering with HPS lights. What kind of nutes are you using, if any? by the shade of green on your tree, she doesn't look deficient. And you have some nice trichomes and pistils look like their curling up nice and getting color too. Wait 3 weeks, and then repost to see what everyone thinks. Maybe you might need another week, but considering her size she should finish up pretty fast. To me she looks like she's on her 8th week of flowering.

This is my super lemon Afghani going on to her 4th week of flowering. But I had topped her before and so the top was pretty dense. Today I decided to open it up by tying down some branches and I accidentally split the main stem about an 2 down. I got quite a scare but I mended her back up real quick and she looks and she's doing fine, no wilting at all

Attached Files:

12. The yellowing on your fan leaves is pretty natural, it tends to happen 3 to 4 weeks before she's done. She starts to gather up the leftover food and direct sit over to the buds. That is when the buds usually tend to start swelling

13. #14 xDisciplex, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012

It should be fine product.

Remember to dry it slow,but steady.Drying to fast will kill the taste smell indefinately.it should take 4-6 days min. before its ready for a few days in a paper bag.Then into jars.

You want it dry,but not brittle when going into jars.Breathe them daily.

Proper flushing,drying,and curing is what will make the difference between decent seedless weed with nothing,or shit taste,and nice dank.

Hang in a dark dry room around 70 degrees 50%ish humidty.With a fan lightly circulating air,but not pointed at the plants directly.

14. Started veg with 6 cfl bulbs, were about 6" when I got my HID package, switched it to 12/12 with the HPS then, about 2 weeks ago give or take my bulb burned out, forcing me to use MH until I harvest or purchase another bulb

And right now I'm using General Hydroponic's Flora series: gro, micro, and bloom. Also fox farms open sesame on the topped plant, and beasty blooms on the other one, gonna give it cha ching soon enough.

Only giving about 1/2 tsp for each of the nutes, anymore and I seem to fert burn

15. That sounds good. Make sure you check the ppm on the nutes. Unless your using certain lines of food that don't require you too measure ppm, instead you let the tap water sit out for a day or 2 too distill, and then you add the nutrients which have micro organisms that balance out the pH. It's makes life easier for some. I am using General organics, and they're working great for me, but I still check my PPM just because I have a pen. I mean just look at that last picture I posted. I vegged her for about four weeks, and I am about to go on my 4th week of a 10 week flowering cycle. In a 5 gallon paint bucket, she is about 5 feet and 8 inches tall.

Vegging determines how big your plant will get during flowering. If you start from a clone you don't necessarily need to veg for a specific amount of weeks. The longer you veg for and the bigger she gets, the taller she is going to be, and the more she will yield when she is flowering. Now depending on the kind strain and whether she is sativa, indica, afghanica or ruderelis and hybrid, Will determine how much of a growth spurt she will inhibit once she is flowering. You can affect the amount of yield and size when you are vegging (considering you are using proper lights ventilation and etc.) but the moment she starts to flower, it is all up to her (considering she has a proper nutrients and right climate)

16. This might not be the issue, but Keep in mind that you might experience fertilizer burn if you keep the plant to close to the lights. They will cook from the inside out. But that is why the PPM pen is recommended when using most fertilizers

17. Thanks for the info man!

But my goto method is using tap water when I do nute watering, my tap is about 9.6 and when I add all my nutes it drops to around 5.5-6.8

If I would go with distilled water with nutes it'd drop too low, I use distilled when I do every other watering without them

I just recently thought a way of measuring my run off because I rely on the droplet ph testing kits, because my RO would be dirty from it passing through the soil, so i ran that water through a couple coffee filters, and figured out my soil (fox farms happy frog) drops the pH about a whole point, im running on 5.5 ph for soil, which isn't good

18. That's perfectly fine dude, sounds like a really nifty method.

By distilled water, I mean that I leave my tapwater out for a day or two so that any chemicals will evaporate. Which around my county, the water after sitting out for a couple of days usually ends up with a pH of 7 or 6 1/2.

It's always my pleasure to share what cultivating knowledge I have and my experiences with others. That is how I learned, these forums are really helpful. Hopefully you can post a few pictures of your lady tree when she is close to that date

19. What kind of soil are you using? keep in mind some soils already have fertilizers in them too