How long til i should clone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shawnadame, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Ok so I am a little low on income right now so for my first grow i will be growing out a seed and cloning it, about how long should i wait until clone?
    i will be cloning, waiting for the roots to grow then switching to flower.
    I have about 6 feet from system to ceiling

2. RooTech gel was 3$ from my local shop. worked for me 100% (humidity is key also, fyi) You cant rally put a set time frame on this bro, all plants grow different, i say clone it as soon as you see it has enough clones for you to take :confused_2: im sure thats not the answer your looking for.

how many clones are you trying to take from said plant?
    What does 6 ft height play a part in this myu man? lol What lights are you using? Timing? Setup? Soil?Hydro?

no one is going to be able to answer this unless your a little more specific on what your working with and what your trying to do with it... know what i mean?? :wave:

3. Sorry, i did not know i would need all that info, i thought it was all the same.
    i put i had 6 feet cuz room really isnt a problem just in case it was based on how big that plant can get. i will be using a 400 watt MH, ebb and flow hydroponics. im only thinking about taking 3 clones so i can have a 4 plant grow.
    not sure if thats all the info needed, just ask more and ill try to provide you with it

4. At least 2 months old.

Beginning 3rd grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud

5. Alright, ive been doin a little more research on my own, that gel i will def get.
    so in the humidity dome i put them under my 400 watt light as well and just wait for them to root and transplant into hydroton?

6. Your best bet for clones is a CFL. HIDs will dry out the clones, and for the clone to live, it needs moisture. Keep lights low, keep clones wet.

7. As long as you have side branches that have 3 or even better 4 internodes, you can clone. I would top and LST a plant first, if I'm interested in cloning it. More main colas, more side branches, more clones.