How long should I veg my plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shawnb, Sep 9, 2011.

1. I have 3 plant all at different sizes. is there any general amount of time i should veg them for? the pic is a lil bit more than a week old andf they have grown another 4 inches or more.

Attached Files:

2. I veg for 2 weeks and it's never failed me. Ur plants look nice and healthy a would get them under the light now on a 12/12 cycle.

Peace

3. She or he? Is a beaut. How tall is it exactly? I Veg until their 2 feet but I have an eight foot ceiling.

It depends on how big a plant you want and how patient you are! Good luck.

-TheGreenLegend-

4. It really depends on how much head room you have.

Dont forget to include the pot and lights. And remember that plants stretch 200-500% in bloom. But a good 45 day veg will give you alternating nodes.

5. I thought you couldnt tell if it was a male or fem til you start flowering? And the plant is now 13 inches.

6. I do have the alternating nodes. But i didnt top the plant or LST the plant. and the nodes are growing but not as fast as I thought they would. The plant is now 13 inches. I planted the sprout on 7/30

7. 2 weeks doesnt seem like much time. How tall are your plants when it comes to harvest. And what kind of yeild do you turn out with?

8. As others have said, it depends on how much room you have.

Typically, a plant will double (and in some cases, triple) in size while flowering. So, 1' is pretty typical, but some people will start 12:12 at 1.5' or so.

Research the individual strain to see what it's maximum size is, then take that into consideration. If the plant starts getting too tall, use the product "bushmaster" to halt vertical growth. You can also try various techniques, such as bending and tying.

9. There usually about 3.5 to 4 foot and am getting about 3 to 4 ounce a plant when totally dried out. Done great White shark last time and now doing afghan kush. I just started my flowering cycle yesterday.would u like me 2 send you a picture and you can compare heights?

10. guestimate how big you can allow them total. veg until they reach a third of that size. the longer you veg, the more dried product it will produce...

11. In this case a picture isn't necessary, but it sounds like you're doing fine.

Just measure them, then double and triple the current height. You can expect each one to be somewhere in-between those numbers.

If you've started 12:12, don't break the cycle. It can stress the plants, which can in turn cause them to experience many other issues, from stalled-growth due to light shock or even going hermaphrodite.

Cheers.

12. Yeah send the pics. When did you plant them? And what are there hieghts?

13. image-3508243148.png

There about 500mm ish high. Have you put ur girls into veg yet or going to leave them abit longer?

Attached Files:

14. I thought they have been in veg. Did you mean flower? If that is the case then no I havent yet. I am planning on very soon tho

Attached Files:

15. oh and all the plants are the same age. any ideas on the different heights? And when I put them into flower should I leave any 6500k CFL's in there or switch all they way over to 2700k?

16. 2 weeks seems very little. I like to veg til they are 2-3ft depending on the strain. Indicas will grow about half of what they already are and sativas can grow 2-3 times bigger during flowering. If you want a 4ft indica i'd recommend vegging until 2-3ft. Vertical growth also depends on how much you've trained them. I find that if I only veg for two weeks i get a much smaller harvest, an extra 2 weeks can give you a much larger harvest.

17. Yeah when the person posted about only vegging for 2 weeks i thought that seemed kind of short. I have vegged mine for going on 47 days. they are a lil bit over a foot. I havent done any training on these plants. I do plan on it my next grow. This is my fist grow and i just wanted to get one under my belt before I try topping, or LST.

18. I normally veg for 4-5 weeks and they're usuall 2-3ft by then, and that's only using cfl and having trained them. 47 days is a long time to veg indoors, but it seems to me like they are growing pretty slowly. Have you got enough light on them?

People who grow in hydro can get away with vegging for 2 weeks cos they tend to grow a lot faster. I grow in soil and I prefer my plants to be quite large before flowering.

19. i have seen people grow huge plants in just 2 weeks... depends on experience and equipment. i can't do it.. but some people.

20. between a month and 2 months is ideal. depends on your set up and how much room you have.