How long should i VEG for?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rupreck, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hey im new to this. These are clones i have been veggin under a 1000 Watt MH for 18/6. How long do plants usually veg for? And if you could recommend Nutes for me when i go into flower mode would be great guys and gals!:D

Attached Files:

2. Depends how much room you have really, they will get around 2-3x taller in flower so youll have to work out your head room and take it from there

as for nutes again going to need a bit more info, are you wanting to do organic or such

i have used ionic as fairly new to growing and it is just a one bottle fert to mess with, worked out ok and got some weed using that and some normal potting soil from the diy store

your plants are looking good so far so dont think youll have to many problems as i think the veg bit is the pita and flower is fairly straight forward

s

3. Well im just using Fox Farm soil. Cant remember the kind right off the top of my head.. The Strand is Jack Herear? Something like that... For the area i have an air cooled lamp runnin MH 1000w 18/6. rooms is 5.5 ft x 5.5 x 7 ft.i have a fan runnin on medium and i have 11 plants. what u think. how many weekd should i wait till i switch to HPS 12/12? Thanks a MIll man!

4. my seeds sprouted 15 oct and I started flower 24 nov...

5. Also how much will 11 plants yield on average?

6. so many variables its hard to say; medium, lighting, correct nutrient distribution, co2, ph levels, and ventilation. I'm a newb grower and I'm sure I'm only scratching the surface...

7. If done correctly maybe you will get the "fabled" 1 lb per plant...

8. fuck that would be dope man! Yea this is my first time and i think im doin good. i have a co2 tank but i have to get the cash for the co2 monitor and controller. So i should put it to flower pretty soon then huh

9. #9 Slime, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    Sorry man. I dun wanna rain on your parade and I'm no expert at all. But lemme tell ya what I think and you can do as you think is best.

General rule of thumb is 1 plant per 100w of light, so your pretty good there. . .

Problem in my mind is the room size. It is my very humble opinion that your plants cannot reach full potential squeezed in like you have them. They are small now but when they are 4-5' tall, they will be 3-4 wide. (your strain may be different). What you will end up with is a bunch of great tops but all the lower buds will be "popcorn" or "b"grade stuff because the light will be blocked by all the branches/leaves. This will also affect your yield though how much I can't really say. You are capable of that 1lb a plant, but realistically you should expect 2-3 o's per plant (lots of variables here especially your strain, which I've never grown).

I agree that the plants will stretch 3x after switching to 12/12.
    In my case (hydro 1 grow just completed) I had 3 plants. I started 12/12 when they were 7" tall, when I harvested my shortest plant was 26" and my tallest was just under 3'. Your veg time should be based on how tall they are not how old they are.

Again, I'm very new and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt but the above has been my experience thus far and it was something I was prepared for due to the fantastic information I read here at GC.

Good luck!

Chuck Carnage, I live 1 county to your East. Bet I know you as I grew up where your at.

10. I dunno man there is a lot of people in Macomb county

11. so i 5.5 ft room x 5.5 ft is to small for 11 plants? what should i do so i get more light for the bottoms? Just spread the plants out or what? And can u guys tell me what r good nutes for when i do go into flower? Also how tall should they be then to put into flower. i think they are roughly 1.5 ft tall.....:rolleyes:

12. im using Foxfarm soil. not really going organic but im open to new ideas as i said before this is my first grow..

13. use foxfarm nutes, they have separate nutes for veg and flower...

14. Alight will do. any nutes in particular? Ill put more close pics up later. some of the plants have nute burn i think. ill post more pics and maybe u guys can help me out.:confused:

15. for flower I will be using all of these(not all at once) tiger bloom, beastie bloom, cha ching, and microbe brew...
    If you do buy these ask the for a feeding chart, or you can get one online. The chart also suggests you should periodically use big bloom and grow big for flower.

16. #16 Slime, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010

True dat, but not a lot of chuck's, lol.

Sorry to clutter up your thread with chit-chat Rupreck.
    That 1,000 watter will cover a 10x10 area, if you can. spread out as they grow and you will be fine. If you don't have the space to do that you will just have to grow them out as is and do your best with em. On the next grow you will have a better idea on what you are doing and can grow a few less plants. My 5x5 fits 4 plants niceand I could maybe squeeze one more in if I had too. Remember, your light eats up space at the top of your cab and unless your light is real cool, you won't be able to grow all the way up to it. My guess is if you changed to flower right now, your plants will end up around 4.5-5.5 tall. Hope that helps bud!

17. So when should i put into flower mode?

18. assuming the above, I would say you are just about there. 3x1.5' = 4.5' + 18" for the light= 6' used. If you do it now, you should have a little room between plant tops and the light.

19. thanks man you rock! Thanks everyone that helped out im in love with Grasscity!

20. could not of said it better