How long should germination take?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by taylorfrocks, May 26, 2011.

1. I have 12 seeds that i put into a paper towel 24 hours ago.. I bought the seeds online at attitude seed bank., I used the paper towel method and i have them in a closet in a tuperware container..

So far i have seen none of the seeds germinate.. Im beginning to get worried..

What am i doing wrong?

What is the average time for germination?

Thanks for any help

2. Give it another day or two

3. Make sure they aren't sealed in the tupperware- they need air. In a slightly warm place (75-80) they're germinate faster than in cooler areas. The best, most healthy seeds need a day of soaking and two days in the damp paper towel before their tails come out. So, 3-5 days for healthy seeds. Dryer and/or older seeds often need at least 5 days. These are usually ready in 5-7 days. The worst, oldest seeds can take as long as ten days while they decide if they want to grow or not. If your seeds haven't germinated in two weeks, they aren't going to.

4. i've been growing for years, and i still use the paper towel method. i usually see tap roots in 24 hrs. or less. it sometimes takes longer....