Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Of a T Break...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bigwillie91, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Would I need to take to get that feeling of the like "first high" again? I have been smoking a couple years, but it really has only been a couple times a month until recently. I have probably smoked 20 times this past month, and the month before probably 10. So... anyone know about how long my t break should last so I can get that "first high" type of feeling again? I know I probably won't be able to get to that exact point again, but anything close also works.

2. #2 Canada x 420, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2010
    10 Years.

just kidding. You will never be able to achieve the first highs that you once did, because your body has already been exposed to the cannabinoids and has a sort of tolerance built up.

As some guy said once. " Stopping for months, or even years, will not change a thing. Once you know mary, you can't unknow her."

I would say take a 2 week t-break and you will be flying higher than cloud 9. :bongin:

3. You hardly smoke, you don't need a t-break :confused:

4. I wouldn't go that far....depends on what you smoke (i.e. mids, kind, dirt, etc...) and your body type. if i had to make an educated guess i'd say any where from a couple weeks to a couple months.

5. Give it a week of drinking plenty of water or green tea or something and some exercise and you will be pleased with the results. It should pretty much completely leave your system in a week or week and a half.

6. I notice that my tolerance has gone up, probably not as much as a lot of people here, but still. I don't like wasting a gram, or even half a gram to get high once. And it's starting to get to reach almost half a gram. I don't like that, which is another reason I am taking a tbreak.

But thanks for all the answers guys. I'll give it a couple weeks and see.

7. I'd give almost anything to experience my first high again.

8. What are you smoking out of? If you grind up a .2 or .3 of good bud and hit it out of a vape or a bong you should be solid

9. You didn't read the rest of my post did you?

10. This is a common misconception. You have inactive thc stored in your fat cells. This is what is tested for in a drug test, but it has NOTHING to do with your tolerance. Flushing your system by drinking water and exercising will help to get the inactive stored thc out of your body but it will not affect your tolerence.

Your tolerance deals with the sensitivity of your dopamine receptors in your brain. When they are frequently exposed to Thc and other cannabinoids they slowly become desensitized. This is why you need to smoke more because your body is not absorbing all of the thc.

OP. All you need to do is stop smoking for somewhere between a week and a month. Depending on how much you feel you need your tolerence to drop. I mean it will be noticeable after as little as 3 days. But the longer you wait the more sensitive your receptors become and the higher you will get after you smoke.

11. I took a good two week break a few months back. It was a long enough to make me happy when I started back.

12. Im on a T break now so I can use that extra cash and buy a bong :smoke:
    Lol it doesnt sounds like you smoke often enough to necessarily need a tbreak.

13. Last night I smoked some of my friends "do do" I think he called it? We used a vape and a bong. Took like 3 hits out of the bong, and 6 out of the vape. and I still wasn't "flying" like I wanted to.

14. I could be wrong, but I don't think dopamine receptors are affected by thc. We are blessed to have specific cannabinoid receptors in several areas of our brains. It's like God (or evolution if that suits you) have made us (and other animals) specifically to be able to utilize thc in our brains with their own receptors which match our endocannabinoid chemicals produced in our bodies.

15. Click on the mouse puffing on a j

Mouse Party

16. like honestly, ive smoked way more than that at once, but that was after the last day of school and i was completely anihliated, if i wanna get pretty high, 3 hits off the bong of some headies and im retarded. i really dont know how much higher you want to get? get some hash?:smoke:

17. I'm saying for the amount of times I smoked, that should of gotten me pretty damn high, but it didn't.