Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long of a T-Break?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bubblekarma, Apr 5, 2013.

1. #1 bubblekarma, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    High, my fellow Stoners!

Ok, so first there is a lot of background to this question. I'll start with that! -- However, if you want to skip to the actual question, read only the LAST paragraph.

I'll be 25 years old in July. I started smoking weed when I was 19. Throughout the years I have been smoking off an on, and here and there. Starting about 2 years ago I got to the point where weed was becoming more and more a major part of my life. Last year I would classify as my daily smoker year. I would smoke as much as I could whenever possible. Work, home, with people, wherever. I was just really enjoying my life, because weed helped my depression so much, I was just able to be happy again.

Then (about 8 months ago) I met my (now) fiancee. She will be 21 in May. When we first started talking, I talked to her about my weed smoking, and that I liked to do it. I was actually blazed the very first time we met (this she has no idea about). However, since I had come to really like this girl, I had basically stopped smoking. (Maybe one-two days per month, if that). I knew that she had never smoked, and while she said she wasn't against it, I didn't want to bring it along because I didn't want to mess things up with her.

Fast forward a bit. She moved in with me. One time while she was with me, one of my friends gave me like 3 nugs for Christmas. I held onto it for a few days. I had asked her many times if she would be OK with me smoking it, and each time I asked she told me it would be OK. Until the day that I actually went downstairs to smoke it. At this point I probably hadn't smoked at all in 2 months. When I told her that I was going to go down and smoke, she got this look in her eye like she was mad. But at this point, I am really wanting a nice buzz. I go down and smoke. I come back upstairs and she has isolated herself in our spare bedroom where it is really cold. I talk to her and cuddle with her but I can tell she is not happy that I smoked. (After asking probably close to 10 times if she would be ok with it). I get up and get in the shower and tell her that I am going to bed. She comes to bed too.

Now I'm thinking she is doesn't like weed at all, and is against it. So I talk to her about it, and she says "I'm ok with it, but not around me". This would have been nice to know before! Anyways, so then I started smoking when I was home and she was at work. Then, she worked nights at a fast food restaurant. Sometimes she would come home and I would be stoned still, although she had no idea. I only smoked a little, and not very often. Little and few hits would get me high (And I'm still on the nugs that I got for Christmas, but it's almost completely gone now).

Fast forward another 2 months. Her and I work at the same place with almost the same schedule. At this point we are also engaged! Wedding plans have already started, and things are going good. I care about her and us that I have basically given up on weed. I would rather have her than weed, and I was getting myself used to the idea that I may have to drop the habit completely. It wasn't a big deal to me. I hadn't been thinking about it or anything. Until one day we were with some friends and the subject came up, just briefly, but it came up. On the way back home, I got to talking to her about weed, and how alcohol is so bad on the body, and how weed is so amazing and has so many positive benefits. I asked her if she would be OK with watching a documentary about it. She said yes.

The next day we watched "The Union." This did change her opinion about weed quite a bit. We had a discussion about one of her ex's (that physically beat her and put her in the hospital). She was afraid that he was that way because of the weed that he smoked. I explained to her how weed is a relaxant and doesn't make people get mean. After watching The Union she had a much better understanding.

Not more than a few days later, knowing that I still had a little bit of my Christmas present left, asked her if (Now knowing the truth about MJ from "The Union") she would be OK if I did it around her. She said that she would be ok. I waited about 10 min, asked her again to make sure, and she again said she was OK with it. I brought up my portable Vape and asked her if she wanted to watch, and she did, she wanted to at least know more about it at this point! Afterwards we watched a movie, "Despicable Me". We cuddled, and kissed, and WOW, would you know it, I finally got to have sex with her while I was high! OMG, what an experience (my first time having sex while high!).

After having KNOWN that I was high, and hanging around, she seemed much better about the idea. She is at least cool with knowing that I am high around her. A few days later we go to a small "concert performance." I told her that before going I would like to take a few rips off of the Vape to make it a better experience. She was OK with this and told me that she would drive. (I agreed, not because I couldn't drive, but because I wanted her to be more comfortable).

Last night I also got high at home, and we watched another movie together until bedtime. So she knows how I am on it, and how my behavior doesn't change at all, except for maybe for talkative and giggly!

She has now been thinking about trying it herself, and I am trying to educate her on the experience. I would love nothing more than to be able to smoke with her (or vice versa, I guess) at some point. But, I want to make sure she doesn't have a bad experience. She hasn't come right out and said she wants to smoke, but I know that the day is coming sometime. She has dropped a few hints here and there, but I'm not about to make her feel any pressure behind it.

I am now basically out. I have little bit of kief, but not enough to attempt smoking with 2 people. This puts me in an incredible opportunity. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she wants to smoke with me. But in the meantime, I want to take a tolerance break.

-------------------Here's the actual question---------------

I basically want to know how long I should break before smoking again, so that I experience basically equal to a noob. This way I can help gauge how much is too much for her, and make sure she doesn't over do it her first time (She is about equal to me in metabolism and weight). I haven't smoked very much at all in the last 4 months, but I still have smoked three times in the last week. What do you think? How long should I break to get the "first time" like experience?

2. Tl;dr depends on metabolism weight and many other factors. Take a few weeks off and you should notice something.

3. I doubt I can give you any advice, but you should put a tl;dr in there at the bottom for those guys who can and don't have time to read an essay

4. A what?

5. It's an internet thing, it means too long didn't read. Kinda started as a douchy thing where people would say it to kind of say that your post is a waste of time or what not, but now it can also be used at the end of a very long post. Pretty much a short summary

6. Oh, haha. Well that's why I put in there to skip to the last paragraph. But I edited and made it more obvious too, so I guess it's all good!

7. Yeah, bold definitely helps a lot, I just saw a colossal post and wanted to make it more appealing to people who can answer your question! Unfortunately I'm not really experienced enough to give a qualified answer, but I took a month off after smoking maybe 3 times a week for 4 or 5 months, hadn't smoked much prior, and it was almost up to par with the first high, but not quite there, I could have maybe used an extra 2 weeks or so