How long is your flowering stage?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jackmir, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Regardless of the strain, how long after you switch to 12/12 do you harvest?
    And how long do you then wait for it to dry?

2. What do you mean, "regardless of strain"? That's the biggest factor in length of flower period, you can't just dismiss it from the question.

3. Like stated Above, it all depends on what strain you grow and its genetics, for example, a Master Kush Could be harvested in ~8 weeks but a super silver haze can take up to 16 weeks. Drying the buds is up to you, I'd say 3 weeks minimum if you want it decent, 1-2 months if you do it properly

4. Sweet thanks,

Re: "regardless of strain"

I live in a country where it's illegal to possess or grow cannabis, therefore I don't have access to seed banks. I got my seeds from a bag of weed I got last summer, so I honestly don't know what strain I'm growing.

I guess I'll wait till the buds turn orange and then the plants will be ready :)

Cheers

5. Till the pistils turn orange? What about checkin trichromes?

6. Is that 8 weeks from when you started 12/12 or 8 weeks from when pistils first appear?

thanks

7. [quote name='"Sachidananda"']

Is that 8 weeks from when you started 12/12 or 8 weeks from when pistils first appear?

thanks[/quote]

Watch the tricombs thru a microscope....it's the only real way to know for sure.
    Microscope cost $10.....

You grow area will play a role in the time too...we have 8 weeks strains that are done in 7 weeks.
    Some will be a 10 or more week strain.

Not knowing what you have means a microscope is the only way to know.

SignSmoker

8. I don't even keep track of when i start flower anymore. I tend to get anxious and chop early that way. I couldn't tell you how long I flower. The crystals will let you know when she's ready.