how long in veg?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joanne1505, Jul 9, 2006.

1. What is the best length of time to keep the plant in the vegging stage, does it go by size of plant or lenght of time on 18/6 before moving to 12/12. Reason i am asking is because i have 3 in soil at about 2ft high and 4 in hydro but they are only 7" tall at moment. they all share the same room and i dont want to change lighting and f**k up my hydro's. They were sprouted just over a week apart and the soiled ones have grown like lightening. The hydro has over the last few days got a spurt on after giving them some nutes and i was hoping that soon they would catch up and i could then change the lighting from 18/6 to 12/12 so they were at the same harvesting time. I dont know the sex of them yet i have read on here that you can sex some at about 3 ft at vegging stage and other reports that you cant sex then till they go 12/12 and go into flower. i am not that bothered about the sex yet i am just enjoying watching them grow day by day. Obviously if there are males in the brood i will seperate them as and when, but it is fun to just watch them develope at the moment..
    Main question i need to know is how long can they stay 18/6 ?

2. Well they can double or even triple in height during flowering so you have to factor that in. If you use methods such as topping/fimming or low stress training you could veg quite a bit longer. If you fimmed the 2 footers it would give the shorter plants time to catch up.