Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long for smoke to release more THC?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JoePain25, May 11, 2012.

1. When comparing pipe and bong efficiencies, was considering how the pipe could have less sidestream smoke and waste. Was told the reason for more potency in bongs is how they hold onto/cool the smoke a bit releasing more THC. Now let's say you're inhaling the bud from an inch away, would you get most (80%+) of the THC released in the smoke right away, or little and the space makes a big difference?

2. The bong gets you higher simply because there is way more thc in one rip than three to five pipe hits. The cannabinoids also enter the bloodstream faster giving an almost immediate high.

3. The above comment is true if you are able to take a bigger hit. However in theory I feel like the less the smoke has to travel, the less resin buildup on the sides of the piece and less potency lost. I dunno. Doesn't matter anyway as the difference would be unnoticeable.

4. I see that resin build up on the walls of the bong as what could have been inside your lungs lol.

5. I never thought about it. I always thought a bong gets me higher cause it's a fat hit

6. Thank God it isn't!:eek:

7. I think the key to getting really high via combustion is that we all have a natural limit of inhalation before we start to feel sick and stop. I find bongs get me way higher than a pipe because the smoke is cool and dense. You can easily get 2-3 pipe hits worth of chemicals in one hit on a bong, and it actually feels nicer in your lungs because of the design. A pipe on the other hand is usually harsher, so I can't take as much before I tap out.

8. Just look at the chamber of a bong, and how much smoke it holds. Compared to a pipe, a bong hit contains much more smoke, and therefore, much more THC. You could technically get a similar sized hit from a pipe, if you just drew on it for a while, but the harshness would stop you. I don't see why there is so much talk about cooling drawing out more THC and such. I am pretty sure that the amount of smoke that you inhale is highly correlated with how baked you get.