Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Does Weed Last

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ezioother, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How long does your bud stay fresh? In an airtight glass jar, in a plastic medical container, and in a bag?

2. I don't think there is a set amount of time. It depends on the weed itself and on the way you store it.
    By experience, just keeping it in a zipper will keep it fresh for at least 1-2 weeks, maybe even a month (never held it in a zipper that long).
    If you are going to store weed for extended periods of time (>1-2 months), i suggest you put it in an airtight bag and put it in the freezer.

3. I've kept ziplocked bags of weed in mason jars, in the freezer, for over five years,  and it stayed very potent. 

4. Thanks, I'm going away to Europe for a month and need to store my weed so I can have some dank when I get back to help me sleep :)

5. Best advice would be to toke it all why you have it. Why have good bud sit in a freezer for a while when you could be getting ripped!?  :smoke:  ~Happy 420!~

6. #6 Doc-J, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    A freezer isnt really needed. Just keep it in a reasonably cool, dark area in a mason jar. It can keep well over a year with no problem.

7. I just found an ounce in my garage from like 5 years ago, it still works lol.

8. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.