Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does weed last/stay fresh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mems, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Hello everyone I am new to this sight and I was just wondering. I am a BUD head! lol! I found some weed that is I kno got to be at least 2 years old. it was tied up in a sandwich bag. Its crumbly and has a slight smell but I havent smoked any yet. I have never smoked any weed older than a few months that I might have hid from myself or whatever and it was still flame.what u guys think?

2. #2 sublime182, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    No, i havent been smoking for long enough to have weed that old.

Just smoke it and report back to us!

3. it wont be as potent as it woulda been. ive had the same situation, i still got high, but my chronic was more like mids or worse. smoke it anyway though.

4. Welcome to the City!

5. yea itll get you high..me and my friend stumbled upon a 6 year old bag that her mom took from her brother when he was in high school and we smoked it a couple times...not that great of a taste but I was still pretty high

6. Thanks you guys. Well to report, I have smoked some in a bong and it didnt do much. It isnt as potent and it does taste awful. I got so much of it and I hate this!!!! lol! I just got some Sour Diesel and I love it! When its gone back to the old stuff,lol!

7. Weed loses it's potency from light, hot tempuraters and air.
    Keep the bud in a sealtight jar whenever you store it. Just make sure it is in a clean jar, and not a candle jar.. I learned my lesson on that. :eek:

8. Depends on how you store it. Anyone will tell you this, and the BEST way to store buds is with an airtight mason jar[the type with a 2-part lid], and after cleaning it, place ONLY weed inside and store it in a cool,dry and dark place.

9. I wsnt trying to keep it for long periods of time , I just found it and I know its old as hell. Im still looking at it now. Its not potent and it wasnt in any light. a lil air may have gotten in it was tied up in a sandwich bag and its a nice amount. I hate this!!! lol! I really dont want to throw it away. I just sprinkle a lil here and there with my fresh stuff. I hate to see this go to waste!

10. dont do that mine, like u said , save the shitty weed 4 when u out.

11. Long period of time, short period of time, with ANY thing that isnt airtight, weed will be dry in less than 2 days. Get a jar, you wont regret it. PLus they are totally smell proof as long as you dont touch the outside right after you handle weed/resin.
    edit; god just smoked it already! i cant believe you are still asking what to do with some damn weed man

12. Im not asking what to do with it any more because I got my answers. AGAIN the weed was misplaced and then found many moons later. just was wondering what was up with it and i got my answers. Im kool now. thank everyone for their answers i really appreciate it. I just know now that if i loose some or end up hiding it from myself to make sure that it is lost in a good jar. Is that better folks? lol!

13. If it was properly dried and cured and is then kept in an airtight container in a cool, dark place it can keep for a long, long time.

I think I have a jar of Skunk #1 that's been sitting for over a year. Hmmm I wonder where I put it. I should dig it out.

14. well it seems most of the moisture would escape very easily if it isnt kept in an airtight jar so i dont think it would be moldy, its probably all crumbly and dry, which is almost the opposite of mold. But i agree with OSG, the way it was grown matters but anything will stay fresh longer if you store it properly i assume.