Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does the smell of smoked weed last outside?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by snokker, Feb 27, 2018.

1. #1 snokker, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    After smoking it gets hard to tell whether something smells or not. Assuming there's low wind, approximately how long would it take for the smell to dissipate/disappear? I'm specifically wondering about the actual area outside, not my clothes or hands etc. IE, how long would it take for the smell to be gone by the time someone else comes by?

I'm not really a cannabis connoisseur but what I have right now (Sour Tangie) is very pungent. I got it from a dispensary and it seems to smell a bit stronger than what I've smoked from other people. Maybe that's just me imagining it. I'm also smoking from a little chillum/one hitter type thingy.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I'm having trouble searching. It seems like if I search for a key word (e.g. "smells") only posts that are titled exactly that ("Smell!", "smell??" etc.) show up as results. Is there a way to broaden those search results? Thanks again.

Edit: More info, I guess. I'm over 18 living at home still. My mom smokes and used to hide it but has stopped in the past couple years. I'm not really sure what her opinion of marijuana and me in combination is. Right now it seems kind of "Don't ask, don't tell."

Our house is shaped kind of like a doughnut (for simplification of the example) with the backyard/courtyard-like area in the middle. I feel like this might make smell stay around a little longer because it sort of provides wind cover. Also we live on the top of a hill. I might walk to the nearby creek to smoke, but it's about a 5 minute walk up the hill and we have chatty neighbors and I'm not usually very talkative when high, so if I'd rather not come back soon after smoking.

Also, I don't know what I was doing wrong with the search but I tried it again and found loads of posts roughly on this topic, so sorry =)

TL;DR: How long will marijuana smell stay around outside before it's no longer noticeable?

2. It should only stick around for a few minutes outside. I mean even a cigarette won't smell for more than a couple minutes and tobacco smokes smell sticks to everything if you've ever been inside where someone smokes cigarettes you know what I mean.

If you're buying from a dispensary like you said you should really just tell your mom though. It's legal and you're using it medicinally at least somewhat I imagine and plus you said she used to smoke so sound like you don't have any reason not to. But you know your mom and we don't so idk.

3. Thanks for the advice. My mom still smokes, more than me actually. I might not have been clear but I meant she used to hide the fact that she smokes but now doesn't hide it as much.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Smell will stick around for weeks a cloud hovering over your house

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1