Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long does it take...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by omnomnom weed, Mar 23, 2009.

1. For your high to really kick in after you smoke?

2. Can take from 1 second to hours.

3. Total Duration
    1 - 4 hrs
    Onset
    0 - 10 mins
    Coming Up
    5 - 10 mins
    Plateau
    15 - 30 mins
    Coming Down
    45 - 180 mins

After Effects
    2 - 24 hrs
    Hangover / Day After

Taken from Erowid.org

4. The following is from their faq page :
    --------------------------------------------------
    20) Aren't you afraid everyone will get hooked?
    Marijuana produces no withdrawal symptoms no matter how heavy it is used.
    --------------------------------------------------

....which is total BS, so I have to question everything that is stated there.

5. It hits you pretty damn fast..fast enough lol.

6. :confused:

Cannabis is mentally addicting, but hell, so is anything that causes pleasure
    but it does not cause any physical withdrawal symptoms

7. Really depends on the strain, dryness, fineness of grind, method of ingestion, your state of mind, how much you've had to eat or drink, how much sleep you've had or not had, your particular body chemistry. Wayyyyy to many variables to give an exact answer.

8. I notice when hitting from my dugout chillum, that once I clean out the bowl, put it back in the dugout, and reach for a drink, i can already feel the high coming on. No more than 5 minutes later and i am at full effect.

9. depends on the grade.

if its some 2 hit wonder, im on my ass after 2 hits...

10. 5-15 minutes usually.

for me ill peak at around 15 minutes.

11. can we jus say within 15 minutes smoking, an hour consuming.

12. When people go in T-Breaks, they experience loss of sleep, loss of appetite, increased anxiety, night sweats, restlessness, etc etc etc. It's amazing how something that is mentally addicting can promote physical withdrawal symptoms.

13. Yup, typically the same for me too. But it can really vary. I've peaked in 5 minutes and other times it can take 20 to 30 minutes to get there.

14. Im high before Im even done smokin! lol

15. I feel it right away, but I also peak around 15 min.

16. that is true mostly- all the symptoms listed seem to be psychological,and based on mood. therefore something like mostly based on mood- the mental portion. so, you make a valid argument, but ill have to disagree.

17. its still not a physical withdrawal symptom for the most part. almost all of that is in your head. In other words its a side effect of your mood, which isnt good after u run out.:mad:

18. Go through an opiate withdrawal,
    then tell me that cannabis has true "withdrawal symptoms"

The only "withdrawal symptom" I've experienced on t-breaks is boredom

19. i feel it right hen the smoke enters my lungs....and i peak as soon as i am done smoking.

20. Same here but it takes longer sometimes and creeps up on me.