How long does it take!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Lion, Mar 21, 2009.

1. I just germinated some White Widow, and as soon as I saw the cute little white root split the seed, I moved the seed to some fluffy, damp soil in a dixie cup with holes in the bottom, and I'm wondering how long before I see some green? I'm getting worried, and I want to dig up my seed, but, I don't wanna fuck it up. Just really anxious. Please help..

2. #2 I vape that, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
    I honestly wouldn't use white widow as your first grow, but since you already did so then you are in it. How long has it been? Mine took about a week and 2 days. (I am using bag seed) Patience is a huge part in growing, any growing not just cannabis, however curing is going to be a big problem for you.

1- I wouldn't do the paper towel method, it is completely unnecessary.
    2- Next seed put them in a cup of water, wait for them to sink, and throw away the floaters. <<< The sinkers are guaranteed to sprout 99.99999999% of them time, unless you either pee in your pot or something else like that happens.
    3- Cannabis seeds are tough, they are fine, just wait, and if it has been 2-3 weeks I would say they are done for. It usually takes 1-2 weeks at the most.

--- good luck on the grow however, nice strain, but not for a first time.

p.s. neverrrrrrrrrr dig up the seed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this can break the little white root, and then you will not get a sprout or anything.

3. Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be easy, but I put forth some hard work, and careful planning, it should go smoothly. I am using bag seeds, but they're 99% sure it's White Widow. This grow is intended to be organic, and outdoors, and our grocery list is filling up nicely. Only a few more variables to answer, and we're ready to grow! Thanks a lot for this comment, I really appreciate it. + Rep mate.

4. How deep did you plant it? About a half inch down is all you need to do, lightly covered with the soil, taproot down.

5. #5 SRHtoker570, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009

co-sign and co-sign, Thus weed is abundent and grows fast but its not like a super plant where it grows 10inches a day, and i know were only dealin with a sprout but this goes for the rest of its life.

And i dont have to explain why not to dig them up, thats a no brainer.

6. Thanks for all the replies, also Toasty, I did plant'em a half inch down, it's all good.