how long does it take to see a sprout

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WizTheKhalifa, Apr 24, 2011.

1. hey guys,
    i didnt germinate the seeds because the ground was pretty moist because it had just rained and i planted 2 straight in the dirt and 2 in cups to be moved to another location. How long will it take before i see a sprout? i planted yesterday.

2. For the most part, you should always germinate the seeds before putting them into the ground.

3. im asking how long it takes before i see a sprout

4. it depends on if you put the seed in the ground correctly. the pointed part of the seed should be facing down because thats where the root comes out. if its upside down in prob wont grow. but assuming you planted correctly it will take 3-4 days make a little longer, but not much longer, for the root to break through the seed. then 1-2 days for the first set of leaves to poke out through the soil

5. Would have been a good idea to germinate it first like Mike said.

Should take about a week or less for a good plant to sprout up, but I wouldn't say it was a lost cause until about two weeks in the ground.

6. two daze to years

7. You should always germinate first, or the slugs will eat them.

1-7 days

8. #8 narcissistic, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    it would take a new born puppy up to two weeks to be able to see a sprout but if done right I usually see mine within 5 or 6 days if i'm wearing my contacts. 7 or 8 if im not.

But do take advantage of all the advice to "get the big picture".
    Take all the experienced advice you can for the best results

"I am sooooo fucked.......YES?"