Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Long Does It Take To Get Addicted To Cigs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheCoolest420, May 28, 2013.

1. Chances are you will slowly start smoking more cigs.

2. #22 Nugagerube, May 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
    Not the point. Can talk about weed, alcohol, cigs but anything else is against the rule. We're not talking about whether it is a drug or not. That doesn't really matter. These are the rules, love 'em or hate 'em. I dont like it either I just dont wanna see anyone get banned over something silly like that.

3. I was the same way (just had a couple cigs here and there when I got high). That turned into 2-3 a day with/without smoking weed. Once I got put on probation a couple of months ago, I've picked up cigarettes more and I hate it.

I would say I'm mildly addicted now, and wish I would stop. It's not as easy as it looks when the temptation is there every time you go to get something as simple as gas for your car. As soon as probo started I shot up to 8-10 cigs a day, but now I've started slowing down to 4-6 and am still slowly taking myself off. I don't CRAVE one and get headaches when I don't have one, but they are a nice brief period of relaxation for me, especially since weed is out of the question for a few more months. By the time probo is over, I will never return to tobacco, ever.

To answer your question: It took me about a year having 2-3 a day to admit to being addicted.

My advice: Stop NOW.

4. When I first went to the club I was "in the mood"...smoked like a pack that night after only having a few puffs since 18. Next day I was stressed out momentarily and thought...I need a cigarette. "WTF why do I want this? I don't even like these??? why did I not just crave weed instead????

If that happens after one night...not the thing for me lulz.

Hookah is very nice if you enjoy smoking...pretty fun after smoking bud.
    Pipe tobacco isn't bad either. Much nicer flavor than cigarettes
    Vape pens are also pretty tasty.

5. pretty easy started smoking one a day after work just to relax a bit then started smoking them when i got stressed next thing you know im buying a pack every week.