How long does it take for trichomes to go cloudy??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cweg, Jan 18, 2019.

1. So on my 2nd grow ever and my first harvest is coming up very soon (unfortunately had to miss my own first harvest )

I’ve just recived my jewelers magnifying glass in the post and have my first proper look at my trichomes. Seen as I have no base to work off, I was wondering if anyone could help me guesstimate how long is left. Looking at the pics now I feel like I should start flushing them out. The top buds pistils are turning orange but hope it fills out more and the lower buds are still mainly white pistils.

Attached Files:

2. Kinda hard to see in your pics. What strain and how long has it been in flower. How about some further away pics. Looks like it might be on the first flush of pistils. Some of those will die back and more grow in if that's the case. Also what were those pics taken with. I use a clip on lens on my phone and get great pics by zooming the camera too.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

3. Roughly 9 weeks in flower auto amnesia haze.

Do you only expect the 1 flush of pistils or multiple? I increased the wattage earlier on for a couple of hours and a good chunk of the pistils turned orange which could just be the end of the flush you’re talking about or because of the increase. A lot of white pistils hidden underneath too.

iPhone 6 with a 30m magnifying lens and zoomed in after taking. I’ll try zooming in now. Some pics of the lady here. I went for a big prune early flowering stage and potentially regretting that now.

Attached Files:

4. [​IMG]
    This harvest method tends to be more precise than looking at the pistils of your cannabis plant.
    Look at trichomes under a magnifier to harvest cannabis buds with the right THC levels

With this method, you look at the glandular stalked trichomes on the buds under a magnifying glass. Trichomes are the the mushroom-looking growths on cannabis that are responsible for it being so popular!

In some places these trichomes are called resin glands. These trichromes are the ‘crystals’, or ‘frosty stuff’ you see accumulating on your bud/leaves. They’re also what makes weed so sticky.

The trichomes you’re trying to see look like little mushrooms. You may also see tiny, clear hair-like trichomes without the mushroom head but these don’t affect potency so you can ignore them. You are interested in the trichomes that have a little ball on top. This is where a lot of the THC and other good stuff in cannabis is located. Since these trichomes are what contribute the most to bud potency, being able to tell when they’ve reached their highest levels of THC will help you be able to choose the exact right time to harvest your marijuana.

When is the Best Time to Harvest Marijuana Buds? | Grow Weed Easy

• Like Like x 1
  5. I usually expect 2 flushes of pistils. The first forming buds and the second more like clumps of pistils fattening them up. Some strains won't really show amber crystals, but usually I shoot for about 20% amber. That's strain looks like it runs about 77 days seed to harvest. If it's older than that and you see more pistils dying than growing it probably pretty close to done.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk