How long does it take for seeds...?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 15thReaper, Apr 25, 2006.

1. How long does it takes for seeds to normally sprount out of the soil? I've already pregerminated them in a paper towel and planted them in a good soil mix and everything, but the last time I did it, none of them ever sprouted out of the soil. This is the 3rd day into my second try at a batch of plants. I wouldnt expect them to be out of the soil in 3 days, but I'm impatient and this is pretty much my first time planting. I have alot of good growing books, but none of them ever say how long it takes from transplantation to surfacing. Please help me

2. first off, what kind of light bulb are you using here? and how deep did you plant them exactly?

3. I'm not using a light, I'm an outdoors grower, and I did make sure they are getting suffencient sunlight, and I planted them all between 1/4 inch(reference Ed Rosenthal) and 3/4 inch deep in the soil, but then again, they dont need sunlight until they emerge and start photosynthing right?

4. you planted the seeds with the root down? how much did you water the soil?

5. I planted them all root down, but as I've been reading across the boards, I've just thought of something, last night, we had a big storm and alot of rain. I put plenty of drainage holes on the bottom of my pots so I dont see why that would effect it, but then again, I have never grown before

P.S. that Arnold S. sig is hilarious

6. the rain may have pushed the seeds down far into the soil...

7. yea thats probably what happened. i also put mine in too deep so i dug them up and tried placing them closer to the surface. only 1 out of 7 survived lol

8. hey bro, it doesnt really matter if you put them root down or not the plant always goes to the light not away from it. Also next time you put them in soil make sure that you only put them about a fingertip deep. The soil must be pretreated for optimal results, make sure there are no weeds around the grow sight and that the soil is moist. Also make sure the strain you chose was an outdoor strain. But like the other guys said, it was probably the storm. Plant more.

9. well I just checked one of my plants and one of them has rooted already but it hasnt sprouted out of the soil, but thats cool, I know this doesnt happen in just a day, besides, everytime I find a healthy seed I plant it, so I guess I'm all good

10. Update: I got sprouts, 6 little ones and now I'm workin on 4 more

11. maybe next time you can try puting them into the soil until you can see at leas the first pair of real MJ leaves. Must be gentle in order to preserve the root in the process.

I pretty much think that everyseed is a plant unless its owner fucks it up. Try germinating lots of bag seeds just to get a hold of it, then transplant the ones that look stronger and pay atention to what happens. practice, practice, just like rolling a joint. The more you do it the prettier it gets

Currently on my first grow
    4x39 daylight Osram Fluoros hung up in chains, some old school twist, jeje.
    4 Indicas
    6 Sativas
    .5 g/L of "triple 17 plus" (17-17-17 N-P-K and some micrconutes)
    .5 g/L of "nutriflor" (15-30-15 N-P-K)
    35 days 12-12