Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how long do you hold your hits?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by b0ngz, Jun 17, 2012.

1. how long do you guys usually hold your bong hits in for?

2. ^^^ 5-7 seconds.

3. I never counted till these topics started popping up everywhere. So now i know 3-6 seconds. Unless its vapor then i can hold that for as long as i please.

4. I don't hold at all. THC gets absorbed instantly once entered the lungs. Longer you hold the more tar build up.

5. I've heard that most THC gets absorbed instantly, but the rest gets absorbed within 5 seconds. I'm not sure which is true though

6. 4 seconds at absolute most.

7. [quote name='"Buddery"']

I've heard that most THC gets absorbed instantly, but the rest gets absorbed within 5 seconds. I'm not sure which is true though[/quote]

Its a chemical reaction, and the only reason to hold it in would be to fet more of the smoke to touch your lungs for more reactions

8. Wait, so holding it in doesn't make it better? damn.

9. I stay around 3 seconds. For me, trying to hold the smoke in for much longer is just a pain in the ass, and kinda' takes away from the pleasure of actually smoking the bud.

10. If I've only got like 1 bowl left I'll ghost as much of it as I can, but otherwise 5-10 seconds.

11. its only in my lungs about 3-4 seconds... which is all you really need. the rest of the time its just damaging your lungs basically.

12. From a bong, maybe 2 seconds and from a pipe, 5 seconds

13. about 2-3 seconds

14. like a second or 2..

no point in holding your hits in lol..

15. Like 3 seconds.

16. In the house good 30 secs to a min
    At 420 a minute
    With ppl like 3-7 secs

17. Approx 3 seconds

18. About the same length i hold oxygen for.

Longer than a cigarette, but shorter than like a vape.

19. jesus..

you must get high off the lack of oxygen alone..

just so you can save your lungs dude.. you will get no higher by holding in for 30-60 seconds as you would for 1-2 seconds.