Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long do you hold your hits for?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by dkang7810, Jul 28, 2013.

1. I watch people hold hits for about 8 seconds and I see people blow out their hit right away. Personally, I hold a good 3-5 seconds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Whatever feels natural. Sometimes almost immediate, sometimes a couple seconds

3. Till I pass out

Sent from my VM670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  4. Like maybe 5 I don't keep count.

5. I used to ghost it but iudk not really worth it.

6. Depends, I try to hold my hit until I'm satisfied with how long I've held it.  Probably average around 4-5 seconds if I were to keep track.

7. Sometimes when I'm alone, longer, like up to 30. In a session around 6. It's my pet peeve to see clouds of smoke quickly exhaled!!

8. Why 30? Its not needed

9. Holding your hits in doesn't do anything for you I thought...I used to hold my hits in for a long ass time and thought it got me so much higher. Then I actually researched it and the reason why you feel higher is because you're depriving yourself of oxygen. Also when you hold the smoke in your lungs it absorbs more harmful things from the smoke

• Like Like x 1
  10. A few seconds.

11. Inhale entire hit, inhale fresh air, exhale entire hit.

Done.

Anything longer and you get much more gunk in your lungs - I usually cough all of it back up and I noticed how much more comes up from when I held hits even a couple seconds.

12. Just something I do. Sometimes I pass it to a friend :)

13. But your losing oxygen in your brain.

14. Guess I really dig the lack of oxygen to my brain then

15. It's all about surface area and absorption of the chemicals. It's true that the longer you hold it in the higher you get, or the more absorption. But anything more than 7 seconds I wouldn't bother with

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Never more than 3

17. Depends how high I am. If I just start smoking it's like 2-3 seconds. If I'm already high as fuck I end up holding my hits for like 10 seconds without even knowing it lol.

18. This weird thing happens to me where as the higher I get, the longer I can hold in hits because it numbs the burning in my throat and chest.

19. Idk depends. Sometimes i take rips so big that i start seeing sparkles while i'm clearing it and i hold it a lil longer just to get that tingle. It's because i exhale all air then start taking a rip so i get a 100% lung full of smoke. Although it can damn near knock you out. Usually since i exhale first i only hold it for a few seconds as that's all that's necessary. When you take 20 second long bong rips 90% of the smoke is in your lungs prior to clearing so there's no need to hold it longer.

20. At first I read, how long do you hold your tits.

I used to hold it in for a long time but after years of smoking, I do it like this:
    Completely exhale, take a big slow hit until I can barely inhale anymore, then inhale some air and finally let it all out.

If I have an urge to cough, I inhale as much as I can without actually coughing.

• Like Like x 1