How Long Do Good Buds Stay Good?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toddj_pa@msn.com, May 24, 2013.

1. I am a new grower with 10 plants (8 ball Cush, Bonita, green poison auto) under 600 HID and fluorescents almost 3 weeks since germination. Plants look great and im hoping for a good harvest. My question is, I'm only one guy and am wondering how long after harvest my buds will stay righteous and how to store for long term! Any advice is appreciated!

2. well once dried and cured store them in airlock tubs. dont do it with wet buds though as they will grow mold. and it will last as long as it takes for you to smoke it XD. 

3. They can stay good for long time. I'm on first grow at 10weeks flowering. What I've read is if u put them in air tight jars not bags. As long as they r dry and u check for mold they good for maybe a year or 2. U can always add moisture when u rdy to smoke it. And longer u leave it in jar with moisture the smoother and better tasting it gets.

4. #4 Doc-J, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    "Good" depends on personal taste. A friend of mine has bud from a harvest well over a year ago. He loves it, and says it taste better to him. Its been stored in mason jars in a cool dark area. It was from my harvest and I preferred it much more fresh. To me it taste a little old.

Personally the sweet spot for me is around 2 to maybe 6 months. Don't get me wrong it will keep and still be quality smoke much longer, but that time frame is when taste is optimum for me.