Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long did it take for you to learn to roll a joint well

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by enlightend, Dec 27, 2009.

1. I wanted to post this in the seasoned tokers forum because i figured the no one who reads the apprentice forum knows how to roll a joint well but i didn't want to get the "no noobs" thrashing so here it goes.

Ive been trying to learn how to roll a good joint because ive been using a waterbottle bong for somtime and its such a hassle getting new supplies each time. a joint just seems much more convenient. Ive seen the videos and read the how to's with pictures. I havent accquired any rolling paper yet so i have practiced with notebook paper and i didn't want to waste good herb so i used pencil shavings instead. I have a problem evenly distributing the shavings and i also have a problem flipping the lip of the paper in when im ready to finish wrapping.

I know it's just going to take time and practice but i want to get good before wasting any of my stash. Is it any easier with real papers and weed instead of notebook paper and pencil shavings?

2. Yeah bro it is much much easier with some good ground cannabis and when/if you get papers you can start off by using 2 wraps a joint to help you learn then you can use 1 paper. Thats how i learned; also follow the the sticky guide in the apprentice tokers forums, it'll be at the top, thats how i learned too haha. Goodluck

3. I just smoke out of my bowl. I once rolled a joint and attempted to smoke it while driving down back roads and I came close to setting my truck on fire. Maybe it was a poorly rolled joint. So I have not attempted to roll another one.

4. ok buy tobacco or a pack of cigarettes and a pack of papers or ask a stoner friend to show you how. I watched my friends and still fucked up all the time so i decided to practice on a pack of cigarettes, I know cigarettes are horrible but i only smoke 1 after im done smoking weed for the night. Anyway i just practiced on a few cigs bout 3 or 4 cigs later i was rolling joints like a king. Trust me practice on tobacco and buy a pack of paper seriously notebook paper and pencil shaving....are u 18? anyway tho practice makes perfect

5. You mean 2 papers stuck together length wise right? To make on long one, does that make it easier? And lets say i dont have a grinder what should i use, i do have a pocket knife and a cutting board i know its kinda ghetto but i dont mind I'm like VERY new ive only toked like 4 times.

6. dude its dead easy. i used to have no idea how to do it. 0. just stop asking how to do it, go get some wraps, and start rolling! after a copule of j's you'll get the hang of it. Sure, becoming a true master takes a bit longer time, but that's not too long either. Really man all you need is practice.

7. less then 10 minutes, no joke

8. I think it took about 10 days for my rolling machine to get here :p. But really. I even had to learn how to use that. A few times I rolled some joints that had a backwards cone to it. That was before I discovered that it had a cone shaped roller. Anyway.

But by hand? I rolled a few by hand that were pretty good. Took forever though, I had to be really careful. I would just recommend getting a rolling machine. Makes it a lot easier. You also don't really need to have a sheet of paper underneath to catch spills. It's still a good idea though.

But you can still use real weed to practice. Just have a sheet of paper underneath to catch spills and if you roll a bad one, just break it open and dump the herb back into the bag.

9. Dude buy some real rolling papers, they are a lot thinner than notebook paper, which makes it a lot easier to roll with. At least I'd assume... never had the thought of rolling with notebook paper cross my mind. And roll with bud. Just think, if you fuck up, you can always tear the paper and try again. Also watch some youtube videos on rolling, you might learn something technique wise.
    Remember, practice makes perfect. It only took me a couple of tries to roll a smokeable J.

10. The MOST convenient is a pipe, even a small glass bat is better then a joint. Joints are a big smelly waste(most of the time) and are not as efficient as a pipe/bong, plus they take a long time to learn to roll well. It can take people years to learn how to roll properly, and i still have not learned, tisk tisk i know i really should but i really dont roll so it doesnt have a good advantage to me.

11. its crazy, a lot of people dont know how to roll joints. my buddy iv tried to teach him 3x and he still cant get it, always rips the J haha funny shit

12. #12 Blunt, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2009
    A year or so ago I bought an ounce of American Spirit rolling tobacco and by the time I finished that I had it down to an art. That's thr closest you'll get to rolling a real joint. Zig-zag Papers an other joint papers are much different than notebook paper. I suggest you just get some rolling tobacco, or if you don't smoke tobacco, some cheap weed and a set of your own papers to practice with.

13. Well try to buy weed that isn't bricked and looks like a 'nugget'. Then you can break it up by hand even if it isn't chronic.

The best advice is the cigarette guy. Just buy a pack of cigarettes and some zig zags or something and open up the cigs and just try to re-roll it. Waste of $10 but you'll be good at rolling on the plus side.

14. i don't prefer rolling the usual way you see on the net only for blunts ill do that. but for joints ill take a paper filter or roach and put it in the paper roll the paper around the filter so u have a cigarette tube or whatever and u just grind your weed and pack it in there kinda like pre-rolled blunts or pre-rolled joints u could call it. like how u can go to the store and buy cigarette tubes in 200 and just pack your tobacco in their. alot easier imo

15. In no way is it a waste of money when you can get 1.5 ounces for $10, :).

16. rolling tobacco is cheaper. i got lucky i guess, when i was starting to smoke, at age 16 or so, my parents who own a buisness accidently bought a box of 50 phillie blunts which i swiped, and got a lot of blunt rolling practice out of.

17. That happens to me too, in my dreams, :(.

18. ok so i took a look at some of the you tube videos and on most of them people put the roach in post roll but a few put it in before they start rolling which do you do?

19. huh? if you are asking about putting an old blunt roach into a blunt, then thats just personal preference...

20. no i mean a new cardboard roach not a used one. some people roll the joint then stuff in the roach and others put the roach in with the weed and then roll it up.

and i dont mean to get into your personal business so feel free not to answer this question but does 757 happen to be your area code?