How long can you hold your breath?

Discussion in 'General' started by ridnkawie4life, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Hold your breath as long as you can before you must take a breath. Time yourself.

I just did it for 1:02 or so...figured that wasnt too bad for starters...

2. I used to be brilliant at it. I could hold my breath for over 2 minutes. Since then i started smoking tobacco and doing drugs. I could prob manage over a minute now. But iv just had a cigar. So probably not best to try now :p

3. do you ever find yourself holding your breath for no reason, then being like "wait why arent i breathing? should probably stop holding my breath now"

4. You can practice and get your time up.
    I have a friend who ran cross country and he practiced breathing methodes and stuff, he could hold his breath for over 4 minutes.

I used to be able to do like 2 and a half minutes, but not anymore

5. Done that a few times, sober and out of my mind - very odd feeling =/

Love doing it on purpose though, feels so refreshing when you breathe out finally then back in :hello:

6. A pretty long time. Had many tell me I should look into diving.
    2:45 maybe it was. LoL like above said, probably not anymore since I got into smokin'.

7. 1:07... god damn i'm gonna practice this.

8. Less than 30 seconds. Cigs- 12 years. Ganj- 11 years. Asthma- 8 years.

What does it equal?? A very winded MoJo.

And yes... I constantly 'forget' to breathe. I think it happens to everyone.

More dangerous is when I forget I'm driving. I'll snap back to reality and seriously wonder how in the world i just drove through that stretch of road, and how I got to my current spot.

9. When i was on concerta in high school i could really focus on holding my breath and slowing down my body functions. I practiced holding my breath at water polo practice and got up to 3:45 the coach stopped practice just to time me hahahahahaha.

But now I smoke mass and stopped taking that shitty robot medicine so i suck at it now

10. Damn, I can only last 34 secounds. Wait with or without smoke in lungs?

11. 1:30 good enough for me lol

12. LOL the same thing happens to me. I'll be driving, and I'll be like 6 miles from the last place I remember being and I'm just like "how the hell did I get here I don't even remember driving the last 6 miles". I guess your brain just goes on auto-pilot.

I can't hold my breathe long at all, I smoke like 2 packs a day and I'm really out of shape.

13. untill i black out :\

14. #14 Skald, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    2:30 is the longest i ever did.

edit: i actually just held my breath for 2:20, and the last 20 seconds i was basically dancing along to music cuz i'm really baked. anyway so that shows that two years of multiple bong hits doesn't really fuck up your lungs.

15. i used to deep dive and was on the swim team and could often go a full length of sprint swimming without taking a breath

i can still go for a bout a 1:30 to about 2 minutes if i really concentrate.

16. Back in the day I could max out at around 1:45. Now I'm just around a minute, usually less.

17. thats pretty interesting, i guess you could conclude that the average person who smokes n shit probably lasts around 1:30, holding breath that is....

18. #18 BostonSteez4~20, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    We need someone on the city to hold their breath for 4 min 20 sec, thatd be epic.

I can hold my breath for maybe 30 seconds, lol I havn't recently tried though.

edit: Shit 43 seconds. I got some practice to do.

19. 2 minutes was the best i ever did in high school. in class...the teacher was so pissed he was yelling at me to stop, so i just like, smiled, opeed my mouth, pretended lke i wasnt holding my breath even tho i was turning blue. all of a sudden my buddy yells out 2 minutes! and i gave up haha...almost passed out

20. yes i do get this, my mom tells me its bad for you. And that it can make you depressed. She aint no liar!