How long can I leave my flowering plant in the dark?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CCG465, May 15, 2018.

1. My plant has been in the flowering stage for about 3 days, but I have to go home from University for a few days. I don’t want it to revert it back to the vegetative stage, so I was wondering if it’d be okay in the dark for a few days? I know I can buy a timer but I like putting the effort into my plant haha

2. Timer

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Lol did you read my post dude?

4. LOL Yeah I did. real stupid idea but it’s your plant good luck if ya don’t have the $ for a decent set up continue to buy your weed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. So what you’re sayin is you “could” provide basic needs for your plants but you’re not going to because you wanna live on the edge.... doesn’t sound like a good idea to me bro..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. “If you don’t have the money then continue to buy weed” I think most people grow to not have to spend a shit load on weed haha

7. Yeah they do and smart growers get a decesnt set up so a grow goes smooth. Sounds like u don’t have the $ for either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Timers arent expensive bro get a cheapo and itll last at least a few days while your gone. Amazon delivers them in 2 days cough cough...

Also did u plan to not water them during this period as well?

9. Timer. Turning on a light switch isn't effort but it sure does get old when you can never go anywhere.
    As long as you're growing in soil a couple days without water will be fine .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Growing costs money if you want to do it right. Timers are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Come on, kid! Stop being so dang cheap.

A timer will set you back less than $10, ....$5 if you look around for a sale! Also, you can connect it to a light in the room, so when it comes on, it looks like you are still there (so you are less likely to be robbed while you are gone :coolalt:).

And don't give me that BS about "putting in effort"! Your plants will not like being deprived of their needed light for 3 days. It will slow their growth and may cause other problems (hermisim, dying leaves, etc). Using a timer for 3 days is not a "cop out" and no one says you have to keep using it after you return. Your "putting in effort" argument just does not hold water! :coolalt:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Tell em bahahahaha. I was thinking he was worried about the lights causing a fire or something while he's gone but I'll were worried about is a $10 timer
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk