How long can a little 3 week old plant survive without proper lights on it ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Em8023, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Just sent tent number 2 back for being faulty an now have no tent so can't risk putting my hps 400 on cause I worry of heat an light blaring out my roof top they are already not looking great an it's been 1 day an might not sort tent out for days now :( is there any hope or what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Just use a couple CFLs for now. A plant will survive with ambient light, it will stretch though.

3. Yes well I've been trying to do that with them in my wardrobe Last time the first tent went back but now there all in final pots an too big to fit in there can only get few in the rest are just left with the celling light on its all I can do as I'm skint an can't afford no more clf bulbs it costs almost £10 for bulb an holder

4. If you can I would try and put them outside until the new tent arrives, best light is sunlight, or stick them near a window getting as much natural light as possible.

Sent from my C6506 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I've managed to get them all in to my wardrobe just about and been to buy an extra clip on light holder I know there is no were near enough light on them still they are looking like there slowly dieing to me . I'd love to put them in the natural day light but I'm scared they will get seen by someone poping round or these stupid copters hovering about non stop ATM . Does the day light help a lot even if there's no sunshine out ? Like if I put them in middle of room not to close to a window is that better than stuck in wardrobe with these shitty bulbs

6. Oh god just dropped my light on top an snapped one of the plants :( look at the weird colour they are going is this cause of not enough light do u think ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381497871.361231.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381497889.009108.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1381497922.155498.jpg

7. Get that mirror outta there mirrors are actually pretty bad at reflecting light, that wall would be better IMO.

Question What brand was the grow tent? What was faulty about them? Sounds like something I'd like to avoid!

Good luck on the grow man, if I where you I'd try and get that 400 watter on em and just use the house ac and a fan to cool the entire room until your tent arrives.

8. Hi thanks for the warning about mirror I thought It may help like a foil would lol ! First tent I got was a cheap one on eBay kms direct I think the company was but it had so many light leaks that I felt it wasn't as described also the zips didn't even join together fully which left a huge hole it was a joke . Then I read up a bit about different brands of tents an found secret jardin came up well compared to few other brands . So I ordered DS120 it cost almost double to the one before but thought it would be worth it after the last tent. Any way it came , tore in 3 places while putting it up

p to say I wasn't impressed is an understatement . It was poor quality still had a bit of light leaks while putting it together