Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How long between smokes?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by getzoinked, Jan 19, 2021.

1. How long do you guys wait between smoking? If I have the money to burn, I usually smoke blunts or joints 3 times a day. If from bowls or bongs, probs more like 3-5 times. But I also find that if I don't let myself come down to stone cold sober, I don't feel the effects, or as high on the 2nd or 3rd time around (and onward). Do you guys usually get sober before toking up again? Or do you just smoke as you start coming down so that you're consistently a buzzed or high? Every time I've smoked again while still a little high, I only feel slightly higher, but not as stoned as I'd like to be...Having to wait like a full 2 hrs before being completely sober sucks tho.

2. I use marijuana for pain and basically treat it like traditional meds, taking it every 3-4 hours. I find that less time between getting stoned tends to start stacking and lethargy can set in. I've seen it happen a fair bit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. i pretty much keep a steady light stone all day long. i take a hit probably like every 20 mins or so, when ever i take a short break from work basically. i don't like getting baked very often.

4. I think you're saying that because if you smoke while stone cold sober, you're going to definitely feel it cause I mean.. you were sober. Smoking while already high just gets you more high, but you may not really feel that cause you're already high. Make sense?

I usually do one bowl every 2-3 hours, sometimes less or more. But I do like to smoke a few bowls to get started, or when I'm tryna watch a movie or play games, so that I'm properly stoned. Sometimes when doing an activity, I sort of play a little smoking game to myself, like at the next save, I'll take a hit, or every episode I finish watching I'll take a hit. Doing it like that keeps me consistently high throughout, while waiting 2-3 hours allows me to come down a bit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. I smoke all day long, I even find myself waking up at night to eat gummies and have a puff. Just another day to me.

6. Like most on this board, you don't understand the nature of endocannibinoid CB-1 synaptic receptor down regulation and recovery. This is a tolerance issue. When you smoke weed with THC entering the bloodstream, the molecule binds as a ligand key due to its shape to CB-1 receptors molecules on the cell surface of nerve synaptic gaps. That interferes with normal removal of neurotransmitters that flood that space. More neurotransmitters left in those synaptic gaps is what creates the increased perceptual effects of being high and not the THC itself. That causes other chemical homeostasis sensors to sense too many neurotransmitters that sends a message to nerve cell RNA to begin a down regulation cycle that leads to less available CB-1 receptors at synaptic nerve ends because it is trying to reduce the gap flooding.

The more one smokes in a session the more down regulation occurs and the more frequently one smokes the lower and lower numbers of CB-1 receptors become till one ends up "mellow" just able to experience weak highs. That is why regardless of how much one smokes once tolerance occurs, it is impossible to become as high regardless of what or how much one smokes high THC flower or vapes oil versus when one hasn't smoked say in at least a couple weeks even if one smokes just a tiny amount. Also it takes extra time for nerves to replace used neurotransmitters that are stored in vesicles at nerve ends because it is unnnatural for those vesicles to be emptied rapidly.

So when a person that is coming off say a two week tolerance break smokes some weed, almost all their normalized CB-1 receptors are available to cause synaptic gap neurotransmitter flooding. Four hours later when most of the high feeling has left, the number of CB-1 sites has barely recovered. Smoking more has only minor effects in increasing neurotransmitters because they've already been used up and down regulation is in progress. Smoking again a day later will allow significantly more recovery than just a few hours. Likewise waiting 2 full days is noticeably better than just one day, as is 4 days versus two. I personally prefer 4 to 7 days of tolerance breaking because am only interested in getting very strongly high. For those that have been daily smokers for months or years, it takes more weeks once going cold turkey to fully up regulate to normal CB-1 levels that is reflected in how difficult it is for those with a regular habit to pass employment drug tests.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ehh it's just whenever I feel like taking a hit from my piece.