how long after trichs start clouding?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyproz, Feb 16, 2009.

1. once the trichs start clouding up, how many more days or weeks does it on average take for it to get to 100% cloudy. mine are about 10% cloudy? i want a head high so im going for all cloudy or most.

2. I think I get more of a head high with mostly clear/cloudy trichs, not amber.

3. You are absolutely correct. When the Trichs are clear, there is more THC and it will give you the more head high usually. This can depend on genetics and strain though. As the trichs become amber, the THC breaks down into CBN, which gives you the more body indica like high. I would harvest when the high suits you. So for example, at about 50% you would most likely get a happy medium between head and body high.

4. Yeah just keep an eye on it.. it can take a few more weeks for the rest to cloud up, and
    I've even had some plants take MONTHS to get any amber trichs.. totally plant and grow
    specific man.

Just use that jewelers loupe or microscope or whatever you have a couple times a week,
    maybe take a sample bud and try it out, etc.

If you're like me, its these days that are the worst.. you just want to harvest even though
    you don't need to.. sigh.. patience.. patience :)

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

5. yea lol now that im here i can understand why people have little control, the buds look fatter and more dank each morning.