How late to harvest early?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Didactylos, Aug 6, 2018.

1. I'm on my first grow, just starting week 5 of flower. I'm growing Gelato and Platinum OG. Concerning the OG, I'd like to harvest some of it early to decrease couch-lock, but I don't want to harvest too early, and of course too late is just, well, too late.

So how should I determine the sweet spot? I think Platinum OG runs about 8-9 weeks til harvest. Should I be looking at trichomes and hairs to determine when to harvest early? If so, what should I be looking for? Guesstimate according to how long it will be before the regular harvest? If so, how long before I should chop?

• Like Like x 2
  2. I tried to hit the sweet celebral and uplifting spot as well in my last grow that I harvested about 3 weeks ago! I think I did it a little too early though because my loupe was kinda shitty...
    However, the method that I used, and recommend you is to look at the trichomes under a microscope with 40x as a minimum. You can use this picture for guidance :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks man! That's just what I was looking for. Much appreciated. :)

• Like Like x 1