How Late Is Too Late To Start An Outdoor Grow??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Redbone Wookie, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Started some seedlings and looking to put them outdoor. Germinated 2 weeks ago and wondering if it is even going to be worth putting them outside? 31 degrees N latitude. Any help would be appreciated, first crack at outdoor.

2. i'd say it's too late...doubt you'd make it to harvest. look up when the first frost in your area is and if it's less than two months away I wouldn't bother.

3. If you have a place to put them at night with some CFL lights you can theoretically extend your growing season, but it's pretty late for an outdoor grow. May or June is way better.

4. It's gonna take time for them to become sexually mature before they even start flowering. It will be too cold at night and will need to be brought inside at night.

5. If you have a greenhouse with supplemental lighting you can.

I just started my indoor up a couple weeks ago, Now is the time to grow a Christmas crop indoors.

6. #6 painterdude, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere your kind of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to latitudinal lines.

7. Well let's see. I will start chopping in two weeks. My season will be over In 6 weeks. So yeah. I would say you missed the boat.