How is this light system....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tobymac420, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Here are the seeds im trying to grow, Hawaiin Snow, Arjan's Strawberry Haze, Super Silver Haze, Arjan's Haze #1, Neville's Haze. The light i wanna buy is a 400 Watt switchable MH/HPS light and ballast for 194 that is with shipping and also a set of light hangers... Here is the link to the light http://cgi.ebay.com/400-watt-SWITCH...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I just wanna know if this is worth the money and a good deal.... Thanks you guys are alot of help....

Toby Mac

2. Its solid man, HTG is a solid company, and stand behind their stuff.

It is magnet ballast, thats the only neg, but its a good set

3. Awesome what is bad about a magnet ballast?

4. They are less efficient than the digital/electronic ballast, run hotter, and louder (humm). Digital ballasts put out more lumens per watt.

5. Oh but it will still be good for growing big buds right? Because I wanna grow bigger plants with bigger buds. :)

Toby Mac

6. yes it will work just fine... the only thing is that only comes with a standard reflector...much better with a reflector thats ductable so you can get rid of the heat generated by the light

7. You'll be fine with the magnetic ballast......digital is definitely the shit, but magnetics have been doing the job for years and years, That's a great deal and will serve you well. Congrats.