How is BP oil different from natural oil seepage in the ocean?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 18, 2010.

1. #121 JollyStoner, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    OP,

I was going through some of your links and there was no specific number of barrels listed anywhere I looked. Can you please point out where it said 5000 Barrels?

I only saw a reference to a natural seepage in California (considered the most significant one) seeping 2000 to 3000 GALLONS per day.

A barrel is 42 Gallons so 3000 gallons = 71.4 Barrels a day and 2000 Gallons = 47.6 Barrels Per Day. And according to the sources you cited these naturally occurring seepages are not always active on a daily basis.

I was not able to find any information from the link you provided as to how many gallons/barrels per day is seeped from other natural sources around the globe.

Considering these numbers... I dont think any natural seepage is compared to 5000 BARRELS per day which equals to 210,000 GALLONS PER DAY

EDIT: Also please take into consideration that the BP Spill estimate was RAISED. It was NOT 5000 barrels a day. Just searching google I'm seeing numbers as high as 62,000 Barrels per day.

2. Are we thinking of the same government? The same one that blames Katrina on SUV exhausts? :rolleyes:

Obama was calling this "the greatest environmental disaster in history" just a month ago, if anything they're embarassed by the new findings.

3. Why would Obama be embarrassed about diverting a huge disaster?!?!?!?

That makes no fucking sense.

So lemme get this straight.

U believe that Obama wanted this oil spill to be a huge disaster for some political agenda that he has?

4. i dont think he necessarily wanted a huge disaster, but he certainly won't let a crisis go to waste

5. No president would.