How involved must one be to get charged for cultivation?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hoffdog24, Jun 9, 2009.

1. I want to help a buddy start growing, as I've done it before and he needs help. He's willing to split everything with me, but I'm not sure if I want to be implicated if he gets caught. I could either help him get started (and help him with any problems) and:

1. not ask for anything out of it.
    2. just ask for a bag if I need one.
    3. split everything 50/50.

Since its not growing at my place, what would the circumstances be for them to charge me with cultivation (if he gets caught). Is it a lot riskier for me to profit from it by him giving me half the money every harvest, or does helping him in the beginning pretty much implicate me and it doesn't matter what I get out of it. It's just a little confusing how much risk I'm really running since they are not growing at my place.

Thanks for the help

2. If he's your buddy, you split everything 50/50, including equipment,bills and getting scooped.
    If you aren't going to go mad and grow kilos, it is better for the both of yous to take the rap for the grow, and say it's for personal use (yous both smoke alot, dont yous?). If he's not your buddy...well, it's up to yourself, you cant expect people on here to answer that question.

3. #3 vdopower, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    Why would he give you 50% of his earnings for every harvest,you only have to teach something once, and the grow is not even at your place! What are you doing to deserve anything at all? Tell your friend about grasscity.

edit: you will get life for even thinking about growing mj. just go play nintendo.

4. Possession is 9/10's of the law. If it's not in your house, you could always deny everything. Personally this sounds like a good way to lose a friend to me. Like VDO said, after the first grow he'll start to edge you out. It's not like finding grow sites on the internet is hard to do.

5. I've actually already done it with another friend for a while... I had all the equipment but not a good spot to grow, he said he would do it since I bought the equipment and we would split everything 50/50. We've done it for like 4 years and he's never complained, I come over to help with the big stuff. It's the same situation with my other buddy, if I buy the equipment he'll do all the work. I thought it was pretty smart, little risk and no daily maintenance, but maybe I'm wrong.

6. Also, I just wanted to add, that neither one of them were really interested in the specifics or the technical aspects of making a good grow, they basically wanted me to figure everything out and tell them the daily stuff they need to do. I still have to go over there quite often and help with problems or harvesting or whatnot.

7. You havent been caught so far, so just keep doing what youve been doing.