How Important Is Money To You In Life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 2313, Jun 5, 2013.

1. My patents and most everyone around me are trying to ignite me to start making money, and start my career. But it's not that important to me atm. I'm living at home so I'm living for free basically. Money would be more important to me if I was doing everything myself. We'll see. I just don't abandon probably won't ever make money the main concern in my life. .. I hope. :eek:

2. You should read my post above. Literally millions would die if we abolished money and returned to barter. The current population of Earth is only sustainable with the presence of a common medium of exchange, i.e., money.

3. Of course it's important.. I mean you need money to do anything these days. But is it important (or of value rather) to ME? Not really. 
    I think there are some people who are way to obsessed with money. I live for moments and people. :)

4. I know I'm fine living a simple life if I had to rate it 0-10 of importance it would be a 4.

5. #25 sutats, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
    Let me put it like this. If you were to ask me what my top 3 priorities in my life, money would not make that list. Yes, unfortunately to live and associate with modern society you need money. But that's all money is to me. It pays the bills and offers me an opportunity to function in a modern society, and not living in the middle of the woods hunting and growing your own food. Although I'm not saying that's a bad thing. To put it simply, if something was to happen that puts me in a tough situation financially, I would not even give a moment of worry towards it. And guess what, I'm a very happy person. Nearly everyone stresses about money. Does the stress help find a solution for the situation? No. In fact it may hinder progress if you stress about it enough. I could write essays about money man, I'm too high to go on about the topic. But you can get a general idea haha

6. To really survive in this society you're going to need money.

But money doesn't matter a lot to me. I'd rather be broke and have my health than rich and ill.

7. dawg i see ur high as fuck as well haha 

8. Money is absolutely everything. Even though it is nothing really you will be and have nothing if you don't have money. So whatever your views on money you need it and you CANNOT live without it. Period.

But why would you be rich and ill? Why wouldn't you be rich and healthy???

10. As much as I hate it, money plays a big role in my life.. I got a kid to support.. I'm by myself.. I got a house to pay for.. I'm tryna move and get away from this city.. money sucks.. but I gotta look at it realistically and I need money

11. I take what I give.