Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How illegal is marijauna in California?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by maudiosecond, Nov 28, 2009.

1. I just started smoking and I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the fact that it's an illegal substance. I live in northern california and I've always heard people say it's basically legal here. I've also been around it my whole life and never seen anyone get busted... What do you guys think?

2. if your living in the "green triangle" then yeah its basically legal
    oaksterdam FTW

3. I'm a patient and I've been arrested numerous times for "possession." Hard to say its legal in California when a legal patient gets arrested....

4. hmm.. i guess that answers my question then.

5. I think you need to go get your 215 if your gonna continue to smoke. That is what makes it legal for us in California.

If you don't have a doc's rec than it is still illegal & even though you will not go to jail for under an oz you will still have to pay a fine & get a misdemeanor drug offense added to your record.

6. Marijuana is not legal in California. It's decriminalized, meaning anyone (even medical marijuana cardholders) can be fined/charged.... and sometimes arrested depending on the amount you have on you.

7. this.

Marijuana is decriminilized in cali but you're gonna need your script. You'll never be busted as long as you follow the regulations (keepind sealed containers in your trunk, always having your original perscription, never carrying more than 5 oz.'s)

i've been stopped by the cops MANY times with anywhere from 0.5 to and Oz. on me and soon as they see the script they leave me alone. AND i've been stopped plenty of times BEFORE i got my script and because pot is so common and there's a dispensary on every corner where i live (SFV) they let me go then too. it really just depends on the cop, but if you have your 215 than your basically in the clear as long as you follow the rules.

8. I say

Its legal till you get caught.

Just dont get caught doing anything stupid.
    Keep your buds at home. Or only carry enough for a few rips or something.

Just be a citizan of the united states. Dont be a criminal. Smoke weed. And relax. Dont go out and kill babies.

9. Actually now the federal gov see medicinal pot as exactly that. I spent a good while in a coma from an accident. The state of California has given me the permission to medicate myself.

There is no reason for me to get pulled over with it cause it goes from the grow room to my lips. I'm growing for 2 & we are under the limit allowed.

Now ofcourse if I took it out & was caught w/ a smoke bag they would probably jack it from me, they may even write me up. However when I hit the court the charges will be dropped.

Go to I think Canorml & look up the law. Under an oz of weed is mandatory no jail time even if you don't have a script. Having a true medical condition & not being a fake like many with their 215 I cannnot be prosecuted.

My neurologist has seen a 75% decrease in my medication since I started smoking for medicinal as opposed to recreational. Before I got hurt I was recreational & would smoe anything.

Now I know what I smoke & have high standards cause it actually does help me. I won't smoke bullshit like I use to 8 yrs ago & the fed gov & the state of Ca are cool with it. Cops are just assholes & if your not selling the shit you have nothing to worry about if your truly a MMJ patient.

10. It's up to the courts to decide whether you have a "true medical condition". You can and you will be prosecuted if the police have any reason they feel is valid to bring you in, or even take your "medicine".

Don't think just because you have a card and a legitimate reason to smoke weed, despite it still being ILLEGAL, that you won't have charges pressed against you, and possibly go to jail if you don't have a really, really good and convincing lawyer.

Even if you aren't selling and a police offer finds a reason to take you in, you aren't safe. There is nothing in Prop. 215 to compel police to accept a patient as being valid and you will go to court, and possibly go to trial.

Also - the federal government is never "cool with it" To the federal government, your usage is a misdemeanor, and your cultivation is a felony. Don't be so blind. Though, I can tell from your other posts, you aren't that bright.

11. This. :hello:

12. Dam.. Just get your papers and dont be a jackass and you'll be ok brotha !:wave:

13. it really depends were you are. in some areas people tolerate it and in others they dont.

14. #15 Master_Kush, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
    She is just bitter cause I treated her like litter in a previous attention seeking post.

15. Whatever helps you sleep at night... :rolleyes: