Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How I mastered paranoia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Agovita, Apr 18, 2011.

1. #1 Agovita, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2011
    While not a novice toker myself, we all were at one point. I know that many people suffer from paranoia, and it can make highs very uncomfortable. I have a tip for those who like to try and master their self control.

Paranoia is fear. Fear is an adrenaline rush. This is caused by the perception that there is harm to danger nearby. Keep in mind your brain is a big bioreactor of chemicals, and one of them it's dumping is adrenaline and pheromones, coupled with negative thoughts and feelings of danger. These negative thoughts are usually unfounded, unhelpful, and unwanted. I mean, how often are you REALLY in danger? Simply thinking rationally (am I really in danger, at all?) about why these fears are baseless has dispelled them for me, and I hope it helps for other logically minded introspectors out there :smoke:

That being said, I'm an adrenaline junky:metal:, apparently some people find adrenaline uncomfortable.

2. I got over my feces fetish the same way.

3. I get paranoid when I'm completely baked around my parents, and I have good reason. Being caught does equal danger because it results in death. I'm pretty sure my Dad would disown me haha

4. I mean physical danger. Fear makes it hard to think, since it drains blood into the muscles and out of the brain, gearing for flight or fight. This is not helpful in a non physically dangerous situation; I'm sure you don't want to be in that paranoid panicky state if your dad does bust you, right?