How I Make Hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by unoit, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Far away better rthan water and ice method....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkBimcwkF0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtkBimcwkF0[/ame]

2. that is the best way hands down.

3. Am I the only one who thinks this hash looks low-grade? No offense but I can get better hash for like $5 a gram. This is full of plant material and I'm pretty sure that it doesn't qualify as bubble hash.

I'd still smoke it, though, no doubt about that I just think that the qwiso method would have been an equally easy way of making even better hash. Or perhaps a more thorough bubble hash method.

4. Very Cool. I prefer this Shake and Bake method. I'm going to give it a try, but I'm going to use some reg bud that I have about 3 ounces left of. I figure I can spare an ounce to try this out.

Thx for posting +rep

5. i like how u say HIGH ALL at the beggining of each, it made me laugh. i havent had time to actually read the thread, just thought i'd let u know before hand

6. #106 unoit, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009

No shit DUH!!!......some of this stuff we use to throw in the Compost...For sure do it the Vid way and DUH!!!! Don't throw it away...try it this way after...does the guy mention what he did with the left overs...jeeeezzzzzz.

Well it was still WET and I'm sure you'd smoke it....ahhhhhh....the more thorough Bubble Hash Method.....maybe check out the first post....I'm sure it says somewhere if you can't afford Bubble Man's Gear or the likes (Mia's)........How I Make Hash is my way...sorry to disappoint some

I bet you'll get at least 1 or 2 grams.

HIGH All, don't want to throw a Fuck into things.

But if you read what I was useing...Leaf and stems..not BUD..well maybe the shit you don't want to smoke.

Edit: Do it after doing your Shake and Shake and see what smokable you have...I Bet...you like....

7. Actually the ice extraction method will probably get you a more pure product than with dry sieve..

The ice causes the Trichomes to become brittle and fall off easier and the water acts on the density of the particles causing the trichomes to sink whereas most of the plant debris will begin to float.

With dry sieve, there is no separating the plant material and the trichomes.

Isopropyl extraction with fresh trim is possible, but you're likely to also extract a lot of the chlorophyll and plant waxes in the process unless you completely dry it first.

With ice extraction, you can use fresh trim as long as its been frozen first.

:bongin:

8. actually you're wrong. hash is normally way more potent that bud is, its just that you're using males like you said. honey hash gets you high with just a couple drops in a cigarette. my friend smoked 7 drops in a vape with 0 tolerance and he couldnt even move.

9. ...actually using acetone to extract akaloids will get you a WAY more potent product, and extract more than both methods. only problem is that it takes work and clean acetone

10. Actually the polarity of acetone is higher than what you will find in water.. So its going to chemically draw out more 'plant material' like waxes and chlorophyll, etc. Same deal with ISO or other solvents.

Since THC is not water soluble, the trichomes separate easier in the water.
    Any additional plant material can be removed through the process of silk screening, Just by lowering the micron level. This is why bubble baggers will have many different grades of hash, because the different microns trap different sized particulates, leaving you with one batch of pretty much pure resin glands in the last bag.

With acetone and other solvents, the THC is dissolved and so is the other stuff, but unlike with water extraction it cant be refined or filtered to a purer form.

Want the "best" solvent to extract THC? Check out butane (triple refined or more). Its non-polar so it dissolves the THC but leaves the other crap, and its done in less than an hour.

11. In Jorge Cervates' book, he talks about the dry sieve method and the bubble bag method. One thing not mentiioned in the video that is in the book, you also freeze the plant material before shaking it, as that helps the trichomes become brittle so they will break off the plant during shaking, and the material used should be 110-120 micron silkscreen to make sure you don't get plant matter in with it. But then I have a feeling that size screen would take forever to get all the hash powder you can from it.
    One thing also mentioned in the book, the best sign as to the purity of your hash, is the color of ash after smoking it. The more pure it is, the whiter the ash.

12. I really dont like the way you made a post for every step of the way..... but great tut

13. Hey there little mister! :wave: I am just loving your method here however did have a quick question. I have done four batches now and just borrowed the kitchenaid stand mixer to get the job done. The first batch I did with the big mixer produced absolutely nothing to strain. Have you had that happen before? All the hand mixer ones I did produced something which all turned out wonderfully. :D

14. Just a twist on, and a combination of, all these methods. Obtain 2'x2' swatch of 110 micron wire mesh from online supply house. I use 316 stainless steel wire mesh, or wire cloth it's sometimes called. It is so strong you could walk on it, it won't stretch to mess up the sieve opening size. Contstruct a sieve box with 2 or 3" sidewalls. Place frozen pot on sieve and work it hard with a credit card, etc. You can't really hurt the stainless steel sieve material. Don't worry about green stuff getting through. After powder is collected dump it in a glass jar of cold water to float off any green veggie material. Filter the sediment through a coffee filter and dry it. Put it in a press and heat to 190 in oven. Remove and you're done.

All the stuff left after screening goes into 1lb butter, 3 cups water simmer it 6 hours, put in fridge, you have some cannabutter to cook with.

Some of the stuff, refrozen, goes into 99% isopropanol (also available online at same supply house) gets the 90 second shake in a glass jar - stop shaking when you start seeing green color. Filter the alcohol mixture through cheesecloth or coffee filter. Evaporate alcohol OUTSIDE. Honey oil remains.

So now you have bud, hash, honey oil and butter for brownies and cookies.

15. Well, I've already made up my mind, before harvest I'm gonna be getting this for hash making:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Herbal-Extracts-Bubble-Hash/dp/B002WQAKWS]Amazon.com: New 5 Gallon 5 Bag Herbal Extracts Bubble Hash Ice Bags Kit: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

for the quality product it will be producing, I consider that a true bargain!;):D

16. Can't wait to try this. Getting an OZ a little later. Love trying new ways of making weed products