Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How I got high the first time... A noob's rambling...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DreamPCs, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Hi all, this is my first post here so uhm... Hi!

Anyway, I just thought I'd post something here because I notice that a lot of people who smoke didn't really get high their first time. The first my wife and I smoked, I got crazy high but my wife didn't get high at all. Some time later (after about the third time she didn't get high) I figured out what was going on. So I'm making this post to try to help first time or noob smokers (like myself) get high the first time... I know this won't be any help at all for veteran smokers, but if I can help just one person, I'd be happy.

Anyway, I call this the three step program. (This applies to blunts, which is what I got high with.)

First of all, if at all possible have a vet roll for you, since how good the rolling job is proportionate to the quality of the smoke. If you don't have someone who can roll for you, I suggest you youtube some rolling videos. DailySmoker has been a miracle worker for me.

Anyway, back to the three step program.

1> Get a nice strong pull off of the blunt. Don't inhale it yet, simply hold it in your mouth. Also, don't take a huge amount, because that will send you through a coughing fit.

2> Open your mouth and immediately inhale the smoke in your mouth WITH FRESH AIR to help your lungs handle the smoke. So basically open your mouth and quickly take a deep breath. Try not to let the smoke escape out of your mouth when you open it. (Be quick.)

3> With the smoke in your lungs, instead of immediately exhaling like most people smoke cigarettes, hold your breath for a bit. Nothing extravagant, maybe between 5-15 seconds. From there, just exhale normally (try not to exhale to harshly) and simply rinse and repeat.

I hope this helps at least 1 person, lol. Good luck to you and on a side note, if you get paranoid (which is normal) just try to relax a little. Remember, the weed is something new to your body and although it may seem like everyone on the block knows what you're doing, they don't.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering what my wife was doing wrong, she was inhaling through her mouth and exhaling through her nose without first inhaling into her lungs, similar to how people are supposed to smoke a cigar.

2. The thing that deters most people, in my opinion, from getting high is that throat burn you get from weed.. I know when I first started I would never want to smoke again while smoking, but forgot about it after I got high. So most of the time it's the person fagging out during the hit, smoking out of a blunt/joint/bowl just rips up your esophagus and you have to get used to it.

3. Everything about smoking weed is awesome...as soon as you're high....

4. So you told us how to inhale and exhale?

No offence but I don't see how it will help many people..

5. OP, your little 3 step method is how i got high 2 years ago. :smoke:
    definitely helped me but after a while you stop smoking like that though.
    now i inhale the smoke straight to my lungs.

6. not so constructive..

7. This helps a lot. I thought something was wrong when the weed kept blowing out of the bowl. Turns out i was exhaling when i was supposed to inhale, sticky this shit...

8. rofl

I realize that this is obvious to most people, but for some that don't know how to correctly smoke I'm sure it could help.