How I got busted.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kid Jay, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Today my dad came up to me and asked me if I knew if any of my friends smoked pot. I realised he knew something but obviously I said I didn't know. Then he told me that a friend of him who is friends with a police officer had access to a list of people that the police knew were connected to weed and mine and my friends' names were in it. I don't think he suspects I smoke, he just suspects of some of my friends. But I've been thinking, how do they even have this list? And how is my name there? I've never been caught, so the only explanations I can come up with are: either the cops have access to my text messages or there are disguised officers in nightclubs/street. But is any of those actually possible in such a small town (population 5k) and in a country where weed is decriminalized?

2. It sounds like your dad is lying to try and get you to incriminate yourself

3. Sounds like you live in a small town. Rumors and your private business gets spread around fast. It's possible he knows someone who connected you to a known pot smoker. The list story sounds like bs to me, but it's possible for a small town cop to generate a list of pot smokers. Not like they could do much with that list on its own. 

My advice would be to lay low and watch how much you flaunt your pot usage. Discretion is important if you want your usage to remain undetected. Avoid hanging out with people who have a bad reputation in the community. Use your best judgement when you are around pot with friends. 

4. Yeah in my opinion I think he knows, and is trying to scare you into stopping or coming clean to him. Police aren't going to carry lists like that, sounds like bs.

5. The other explanation is that your dad is on a fishing expedition. There is no list.

6. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19310899" timestamp="1389308378"]It sounds like your dad is lying to try and get you to incriminate yourself[/quote]Agreed

7. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19310899" timestamp="1389308378"]It sounds like your dad is lying to try and get you to incriminate yourself[/quote]That's what I thought at first but I think he'd be pissed if he actually found out, and that's not what happened, we just had a conversation about peer pressure and all that. And I'm pretty sure the list thing is real, because a couple months ago a friend of mine my dad also mentioned today told me a friend of his mom actually showed her the list and that's how he was caught. It was probably the same guy. I didn't care much at the time, but now this shit is getting dangerous. I just don't understand why would someone make such list.

8. What country are you in? I cant see this happening outside certain ones.

But your dad told you somebody showed your friends mom and he got caught? If i understood right it could still just be your dad lying

9. You'd be surprised. Tons of parents are way more calm about it than you'd think (that doesn't mean all). Your parents have probably been around the block with mary jane just like my parents had, and understand it isn't the devils lettuce like many think.

10. #10 Kid Jay, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
    [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19311034" timestamp="1389309650"]What country are you in? I cant see this happening outside certain ones. But your dad told you somebody showed your friends mom and he got caught? If i understood right it could still just be your dad lying[/quote]No no, my friend told me his mom's friend had showed her the list. My dad would have no reason to lie, at least I don't think he suspects I smoke. And I'm pretty sure I'd realise if he was lying.My dad also mentioned another friend of mine who doesn't even smoke and barely goes out with me, and he's also on the list.

11. you left out the part about getting busted..

12. You would almost think parents in a small town talk to each other once in a while. :smoke:

13. #13 Heroic Dose, Jan 10, 2014
    If one of them got caught and the list also includes a name of a non smoker who hangs around, it sounds to me as if the cops talked to the guy who got busted and your names came up in conversation.

That too. In a small town a bored cop could easily have this as a side project

14. #14 Kid Jay, Jan 10, 2014
    The guy that was caught never really talked to the police. The cop was his mom's friend that's why he talked to her. And why would someone snitch on innocent people anyway?

15. Depends on circumstance, i was thinking more of the guy said he was smoking with friends and because its a small town the cop knows who his friends are.

16. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19311095" timestamp="1389310327"]You would almost think parents in a small town talk to each other once in a while. :smoke:[/quote]I'm sure that's what happened, that's why my dad didn't want to tell me who it was that told him.

17. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19311155" timestamp="1389310857"]Depends on circumstance, i was thinking more of the guy said he was smoking with friends and because its a small town the cop knows who his friends are.[/quote]Well that's true, but I guess you'd have to be seen doing some suspicious activity to be on the list, not just be friends with one guy. And that's what's driving me crazy, I was pretty sure I had never been spotted until now.

18. I wouldnt stress, if its decriminalized and you arent selling or keeping large amounts nothing that bad will happen.

19. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19311259" timestamp="1389311609"]I wouldnt stress, if its decriminalized and you arent selling or keeping large amounts nothing that bad will happen.[/quote]My parents finding out its what worries me the most. But there's really nothing I can do now except laying low for a while. I'm gonna do some detective work on this list though, I wanna get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the help guys.

20. Why worry? It sounds like every kid and everyone you know is on this list so everyones already suspected, your all labeled now